OMD - boy, have I gotten into them!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DEG, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brudy

Brudy Senior Member

I've pretty much only been listening to them on vinyl and haven't heard the remasters.

2. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Yeah those old 12inch 45's are sublime :)

JeffMo likes this.
  3. Skush

Skush Active Member

Architecture & Morality takes me back to freshman year in college. Great album!

4. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

"Architecture And Morality" for me also. Is the singer still writing songs for boy and girl bands, or has he gone back to OMD full time?

5. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

I'm shaking my head here in amazement at all the mention's of Architecture & Morality all of a sudden here on the forum!
    Souvenir is one of the best songs for cooling off on a summer night. The 10" of which has a great cover also by Peter Saville.

souvenir.png

6. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

That 10" mix is one of my favorites by them! I think the mix ended up on CD somewhere but the vinyl sounds very nice.

7. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

I can't tell the difference (from memory) between the 10" and cd version. Maybe you're right. Is the lp version shorter?
    According to Discogs.com they're the same. But my guess is they just assume they're the same and haven't actually timed the vinyl tracks. The b-side, Motion & Heart is the one that's different from the lp/cd.

Best OMD discography online here. Search to your hearts delight.
    http://www.discogs.com/artist/Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark

JeffMo likes this.
  8. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Full time OMD since 2007 when he reunited with Paul Humphries and they toured the A+M album. Look for the live dvd/cd from that tour if you are curious. It went so well and they got along, so they went back to the studio and created two excellent albums since then.

9. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

I will.

10. tinymontgomery

tinymontgomery Forum Resident

They're terrific live at the moment too; saw them earlier in the year. Nothing from "Dazzleships" in the setlist :cry: , but all three "Architecture & Morality" singles were included. Highly recommended if they're in your area.

JeffMo likes this.
  11. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Didn't they play a couple of Dazzle Ships shows at the end of 2014? I wonder if we'll get some Junk Culture shows this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.