Anyone into 'BREAKING BAD'? (part 2)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by -Alan, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I looked at the titles of the last 8 episodes and descriptions and there's nothing really telling about any of them. Something I read somewhere said that this episode is more with Walt and Jesse than Hank, but Hank is definitely in this episode. I'm really looking forward to these last 8. One at a time though... :)

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I would expect it's going to focus on Walt's relationship with Janine, the ugly girl from college that Walt spurned. That relationship has never really been dealt with in the show.

3. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

4. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

After rewatching the 1st 8 episodes of S5 I was surprised to see the WW book prominently featured in episodes 1 and 5.

5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Vince Gilligan has repeatedly said that he believes actions have consequences, and that everyone in the show shall pay for their sins in the end. That would mean:

Walt: Killed lots of people: DIES.
    Skyler: Indirectly cripped her former boss/lover (Ted). DIES.
    Jesse: Killed a man (Gale) in cold blood. DIES.
    Hank: Was a jerk to his wife when he was in rehab. DIES.
    Marie (Hank's wife): Kleptomaniac and liar. DIES.
    Walter White Jr: Repeatedly didn't listen to parents. Disrespectful. DIES.
    Lydia: Tried to kill Mike's guys. DIES.
    Todd: Killed little kid in cold blood. DIES.
    Holy White (Walt/Skyler's daughter): Narcissist only interest in what makes her happy. DIES.
    Ted (Skylar's boss): Embezzled money. Had affair with married Skylar. DIES.

Saul: Always did what was best for his clients. LIVES.

Paul J, mwv121, thgord and 1 other person like this.
  6. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

I see on IMDB that Laura Fraser, who plays Lydia, is listed as being on only one new episode, the first one: "Blood Money". I don't know if IMDB is just incomplete on this or if it is true.

Also, the title of the final episode is "Felina", from which the woman in the Marty Robbins song "El Paso" sprung to my mind. Felina is also an anagram for "Finale". So, who knows, but El Paso has played a role in the series insofar as Hank is concerned, so it could be more than coincidence. It would be kind of neat if the series ended in a way that leads up to an appropriate playing of background music of at least the final 2 verses of El Paso. The singer has killed a man and has been shot down by lawmen when he returns to the scene.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    Vidiot likes this.
  7. ghostdwg

ghostdwg Senior Member

This may turn out not to be so far fetched, with a couple of exceptions, if you put any stock into some of the spoilers/speculation that are currently floating around cyberspace by those who claim to know the outcome. We shall see...

8. Sean Murdock

I hope they find a way to use Neil Young's "Albuquerque" in a montage scene somewhere in the final eight -- I can't believe they haven't used the song yet!

entropyfan likes this.
  9. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

I see that Aaron Paul (Jessie), Anna Gunn (Skyler), Dean Norris (Hank), Bob Odenkirk (Saul), RJ Mitte (Walt Jr.), and Brian Cranston (Walt) are all listed as being in the final episode, "Felina". So, unless they are appearing through flashbacks, these major characters will not be killed off before the final show.

10. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I guess now is the time to stop reading this thread...

IronWaffle likes this.
  11. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

Stoked. Saw this on the reddit

image.jpg

12. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

He has to for the "Just Call Saul" spinoff.

Vidiot likes this.
  13. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Yup.... I want NO KNOWLEDGE of what I'm about to see!!!!

14. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

That's terrific...

16. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Did anyone see that interview Cranston did on Colbert last week? At one point, Colbert says something like, "You've been doing this role for a while now. How long does it take for you to get into character?" and the smile just slides off of Cranston's face and he says, "Well, when somebody presses my buttons, I can change quite quickly. . ." or something to that effect. He just glared at him menacingly like only Walter White can. It was delightfully creepy.

Can't wait for tonight's episode! I can only hope that Walt gets what's coming to him here at the end, but how many others will have to suffer for his crimes? I predict that Walt Jr. will get caught in the crossfire.

17. Jayski

Jayski Forum Resident

Yes! Can't wait for tonight!

18. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

Here's what I see happening (not really, but fun to guess)

Hank starts tailing Walt. Unaware, Walt visits Jesse. Hank, thinking he can get more info out of Jesse, shakes him down after Walt leaves but doesn't arrest him. Jesse tells Walt that Hank is after them, and while they scheme about what to do, Walt slips up and mentions something about Brock or Jane. Jesse goes nuts and they fight....and Walt kills him. Hank finds Jesse dead and knows Hank did it, so now he has his proof to put Walt away (and more proof comes to light when Badger and his buddy come out of the woodwork to rat out Walt). Walt finds out through his wife (though her sister) that Hank is closing in. Walt runs away. Eventually he comes back and there's your gun scene. Walt says he will surrender and then he and the DEA have a shootout. Walt and Hank die. Walt's wife finds out, feels guilty and goes in the pool again to finish the job. Jr lives with Marie, and is so depressed he starts taking meth and ODs.

Final scene.....Saul picks up Marie at the funeral for Jr., and as they drive off, Saul winks at the camera.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  19. throbbin tower

throbbin tower Forum Resident

Well, it's finally on! 9:07 Eastern US...

20. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

:) didn't miss a beat.

throbbin tower likes this.
  21. Jayski

Jayski Forum Resident

Still the best show on TV.

It was AWESOME!!!!!

rburly and throbbin tower like this.
  22. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Some surprises tonight. Who's Walt getting the poison for?

23. throbbin tower

throbbin tower Forum Resident

I was surprised to see Hank and Walter have "the confrontation" already....

24. Sean Murdock

Yeah, I wasn't sure if they were going to do a cat-and-mouse thing for awhile, but then when Hank closed the garage door behind Walt .... ooooh, baby! And then when Heisenberg peeked out from behind his Walt mask and said, "If you really don't know who I am, then I would suggest that your best course of action is to tread lightly" -- WOW! It is ON!

25. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

"Tread lightly..."

Hope Hank wins.

Sean Murdock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.