Anyone into 'BREAKING BAD'? (part 2)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by -Alan, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

If anyone saw the Talking Bad show from 11-11:30, Vince Gilligan said that there's so much coming up that they had to get the confrontation out of the way. I doubt that any episode will disappoint, i.e. every episode will be fast paced and full of memorable moments.

I just wish the Talking Bad show could be 60 minutes instead of only 30 minutes. Too many commercials.

throbbin tower likes this.
  2. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

WOW

strong opener !

3. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

Holy shades of that nauseated look on young Alex face in "Clockwork Orange" when the realization hits Hank hard, and makes him sick to his stomach. Nice nod in look, feel and music to that classic film.

Paul J and throbbin tower like this.
  4. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I was surprised that we got to see this too, but I loved it. I practically cheered when Hank slugged Walt, but for once, Walt was telling the truth last night when he urged Hank to tread lightly. If he can't convince Hank to quit pursuing the case, that only leaves him with one option, doesn't it?

We got a replay of Walt delivering big bags of "blood money" to Jesse, but finally Jesse seems to have his number and Walt's lies fall flat. "I need you to believe me." Or what? Will Jesse be another loose end that he needs to tie up? I didn't see a picture of Jesse in among Hank's files, surprisingly, but surely it won't be long before he figures out that Jesse is one of the few living links remaining now and when he tracks him down, I imagine Jesse will be eager to cooperate.

Great episode. The opening flash forward was pretty chilling, particularly with that "Heisenberg" spray painted up on the wall of the White family home. Now we know that everything goes to hell, it's just a question of how they get there.

5. donunus

donunus Cheapskate Audiophile and Massive Music Lover

but at least Walt is alive and not in Jail. I can't wait for the next episode. Breaking Bad is the best!

6. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

So what if he's dead in 6 months?

7. donunus

He could have been lying to get the pity excuse. Was there really a scene that showed he was actually sick again? Or are you just referring to what he said in the last scene?

8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

So, what do we think? Do the Whites own "Singles- 45s & Under"??
    We heard "Up The Junction" at the end of the last season, and then, "If I Didn't Love You" as the scene continued?

minerwerks likes this.
  9. avalanche

avalanche Forum Resident

There was a brief scene of Walt receiving a chemo treatment about 20 minutes in, and another in his bathroom at home where he retrieved a hidden prescription drug but couldn't take it before throwing up.

10. donunus

oh yah hmm. Thats true I guess but knowing this show he could totally be okay after that again. Remember he did have lots of hair in the future scene again and he did seem healthy.

11. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

He didn't seem healthy to me. In S5 Ep1 during the opening flash-forward he looked pretty bad when he had to reach for his pills.

This is starting to smell like a Shield ending. The cops bust him and he loses it all; they take his money, his wife and kids go into the Witness Protection program, and he spends his final days alone and dying, much worse off than when he 1st discovered he had cancer. This is what finally drives him to poison someone and blow away the rest going out in Scarface fashion - especially since he's a dead man anyway.

12. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Oh man, I have a feeling that these last episodes are going be great. There was a huge viewing party at a big uptown( N.E. heights area) sports bar here in ABQ but I watched from home.

13. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Walt lied a few times. He lied to Jesse about Mike being OK, i.e. "He's fine. You gotta believe me". Jesse would have taken Walt out most likely.

He lied, a lie of omission to Hank. He never admitted to being Heisenberg. Hank knows what the story is, but the farthest Walt got was "You can try to get me to court, but..." something like, "I'll be a dead man when you're trying to prosecute me".

Remember, Walt has ricin and an M-60 in his trunk.

That fast forward to his house being shut down (when he got the ricin) and the lady next door dropping her groceries was comic relief.

14. d.r.cook

d.r.cook Senior Member

not sure if he's directed others, but Cranston directed last night. great pacing . . . just one example--when Hank was getting in the van to leave, the abruptness of how walt showed up and pulled his door back had that sense of danger/violence, only to be an "innocent" query of concern.

i expected Walt to find out that Hank knew last night, since it still leaves tons of open field for the remainder. how and when will the sisters/wives find out, and how will those implications play out? will walt try to buy hank, play the family card, or both? will hank bring in anyone on the legal side to help put something together? will he get to Jesse and try to flip him to put walt away?

will Jr. finally get laid?:shake:

15. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I'm gonna go with a big fat no on that one.

16. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I do not know if I agree with that being comic relief moreso than just the show's typical darkly comic approach to things.

Now Badger's Star Trek episode pitch to Skinny Pete: *That* was comic relief. :)

Classicolin likes this.
  17. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

If Hank has the GPS TRACKER info, that means he will be paying a visit to Jesse's house. Or, Walt will again cover his tracks . . . or was that after he found the tracking device?

18. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

He has directed other BB episodes. I'd have to look it up, but I'm pretty sure he did the season two opener and a few others. He has also directed for other shows, like "Modern Family".

I'm in awe of Cranston's ability to just throw a switch and become Heisenberg. I've seen him do it on shows and it's almost disturbing. It's like watching Alfred Molina or Gary Oldman. Everything about them becomes different on a seemingly molecular level. It's like they can change their frickin' bone structure.

Dan

19. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I really was waiting for Hank to have tailed Walt to Jesse's house and barge in while he was lying to Jesse. Alas......

Dan

20. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Well, I'm sure Hank remembers what happened to the last ASAC who had a 'drug-king-pin' right under his nose...... he was fired! So, I think Hank's got a real dilemma on his hands.

Classicolin, artfromtex and nosticker like this.
  21. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I think it is a bit more than that. It tells us that whatever is going to happen publicly makes Walt known as a monster. Remember that a few minutes later in the episode they go back in time and show her and Walt exchange very friendly hellos.

jriems likes this.
  22. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Assuming it is the same device he used before, he doesn't have any info on where Walt went. Remember, he had to go back & get it and connect it to his computer to see what was on it. Presumably, Walt found it before he could do that.

23. But look at all the hair he "has" months later....????

Hank can't bust him or he would look like an idiot that all along it was his brother in law and his medical bills were paid by Walt... using drug money

24. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

For a cancer patient, "having hair" isn't necessarily a sign of good health. It just means he's not getting chemo.

Perhaps he's given up, or no longer able to get treatment due to his situation.

Classicolin likes this.
  25. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Hank is screwed almost no matter what he does. Let's not forget that taking Walt down will also entail putting his wife's sister in prison -- Hank doesn't know about THAT part yet. Hopefully Skyler and Jesse will turn state's evidence and help Hank pursue Walt. I'm rooting for Hank, but I fear that his level of screwed-ness will force him to make a more "gray" compromise. We'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.