Disturbing Movies

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jayski, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

trust me you will not like it! well, IMO of course.

2. Michael

they worry about music and music video copyright it seems first and foremost!

3. Michael

one scene is so disturbing I still have it in my head...you don't want that...follow you feelings they are correct!

4. Michael

hopefully not too many ppl will be subjected to their curiosity!

5. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I always thought The Exorcist was really disturbing. I remember the first time I watched it, I said I am never watching that again. Then years later I watched it again and said the same thing. I am starting to get the itch again lol

LitHum05 and JimC like this.
  6. Michael

don't scratch it..it won't heal!:laugh:

Saint Johnny likes this.
  7. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

I made the mistake of watching some of A Serbian Film on YT tonight. :wtf: Anyway, I thought The Boy in the Striped Pajamas was disturbing...or certainly wrenching. Se7en was grim, too. Clearly, there are many forms of "disturbing": flat-out gross, violent, emotionally wrenching, etc. It's rather hard to pick a single most disturbing movie.

8. Michael

was incredibly sad...

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yikes, put that on a triple bill with Life Is Beautiful and The Day the Clown Cried...

10. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

I pretty much share your taste in cinema. It's not all that interesting, IMO. The full uncut version does have a couple of disgusting scenes-not so much for the gore as the perversion if I remember correctly. As a film, I don't think it's much better than "The Human Centipede".

11. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

I watched this again for the first time in years about 6 months ago. What was so vile about it? I can't even remember!

12. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

It's been 22 years. I can't remember either. I think I hated what I perceived as a very manipulative film on the part of the director and/or its cavalier and sleazy self-pleasure regrding the way it showed violence toward the females.

13. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

Martin Scorsese's 1967 short film "The Big Shave".

Glad I switched to electrics!

14. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Berbarian Sound Studio

You have to try this one!

15. Michael

water works for sure.:(

16. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

According to Wikipedia, the DVD is actually banned here in Ontario... what a joke. :rolleyes:

17. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

I'm sorry for the threadcrap, but what I find disturbing and unfair are the comments on this thread that imply that people who watch these movies are miscreants and deviants.

There are even comments that state you will not go near these people. Well, this miscreant enjoys a well-made, intelligent horror film, even though it might be creepy and disturbing.

However, I will not ever watch Freaks again because it's just gross, especially the goblet scene.

Grant likes this.
  18. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

John Schlesinger's The Day of the Locust. Particularly the last 15 minutes or so.

19. It has all sorts of problems - mainly due to the hack editing job done by the distributors, as director Roger Watkins would be the first to tell you. But a lot of the individual scene stagings and the use of music get a really palpable feeling of dread going, and for what it is, it's quite effective. It's a shame Watkins was never able to get a mainstream career going or do a movie with a decent budget attached.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    Rose River Bear likes this.
  20. vinyl_puppy

vinyl_puppy Der Weaselschnitzel

It's been a while since I saw it in college and IIRC it might only be disturbing for one shot but Luis Bunuel's Un Chien Andalou (The Andalusian Dog) can give one the willies.

JimC likes this.
  21. Michael

well you ain't missing much!

22. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

I should have heeded your warning. I just saw A Serbian Film a couple of days ago. I made the mistake of eating pizza with a friend while watching it. It truly may be the most disturbing film I have ever seen.

Michael likes this.
  23. Michael

whenever i see the name of this movie scenes start popping from my memory of that sick disgusting film...

24. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Yes, that's one scene you always have to keep your eyes peeled for.

Dino, lpfreak1170 and trem two like this.
  25. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

The Hills Have Eyes was pretty disturbing..........