Anyone own Michael Jackson "Invincible" MiniDisc album???

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by Chris_G, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris_G

Chris_G Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Invincible (2001) was the last Michael Jackson album available on MiniDisc. Does anyone have one in their collection??? I'm not asking because I want to buy one, I'm just curious as to how rare this MiniDisc album was. Below is a borrowed image from Google search.

[​IMG]

2. I've never seen this one before. WOW!

3. Chris_G

Yes, I looked at the U.K. ebay site. Apparently one sold for a few hundred dollars. Turns out it is extremely rare. I'm sure it is more valuable than the vinyl Invincible record.

4. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Whoa… I love seeing albums on (relatively) obscure formats like that. I wonder what they were thinking when they decided to release it on MiniDisc in 2001?

I'd buy it just for the weirdness factor.

5. Chris_G

It was on sale back then for around $20, i think. I wish I would have stocked up on MiniDisc album back in the late 90s, early 2000s.

6. Chris_G

7. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Amoeba Hollywood has an office box full with 50-60 MDs with affordable price tags. Hidden away in the jazz section with the 78's and in that corner with jacket patches and t-shirts.

8. Chris_G

What is Ameoba Hollywood?

9. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

10. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Who's ever going to buy those? The format isn't really even a niche nostalgic collectable format like 8-Tracks are.

11. andy75

andy75 Forum Resident

I saw one in a in a store one or two weeks after the album came out. Never bought it, but now I wish I did!

12. onionmaster

onionmaster Tropical new waver from the future

Pretty sure I saw it when it came out (that album was everywhere), but hardly anyone bought Minidiscs so stores didn't sell them for that long.

I remember a store at an airport in England that had a whole rack of minidiscs where the cassettes used to be, and they stopped selling music entirely by the next time I went there, and it can only have been a few months later.

13. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

If you find one, I suppose you might be able to turn around and re-sell it to a big Michael Jackson fan who'd be willing to pay a premium for it.

14. Chris_G

I'm constantly searching through craigslist statewide to find rare MiniDiscs. That Pink Floyd "The Wall" MD album was from craigslist.

15. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

First you didn't know if Pink Floyd are from the US or the UK and now you've never heard of what is undoubtedly the most famous record store in the world?! Are you trolling?

16. Chris_G

No, i'm not trolling. I'm not a Pink Floyd fan, i don't listen to that kind of music. In fact, I probably don't listen to about 90% of the music that is discussed on this forum. If I buy a MiniDisc album, it isn't because I like the music. It's only to collect and then re-sell them. In order for me to get an idea of what the MiniDisc is worth, I have to ask questions about the artists.

17. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Oh I figured out your game a long time ago. All the threads you start are just to try and spur interest in an item then you create another thread pointing members to your
    eBay auction ad infinitum.

18. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

If your location is Los Angeles you gotta go to Amoeba Hollywood. I was there in October, biggest music store I've ever seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.