Anyone into 'BREAKING BAD'? (part 3)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

OK, maybe I'm wrong. I just watched the scene again (7th time) and it appears there's some funky stuff going on with Gomez' shirt color in that area on my screen that looks like a blood stain/smear. I'm not the only one, a ton of people are saying the same thing at AV Club, so maybe it's just whatever screen settings you're watching it on.

2. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

You should get that screen checked. It's also got a picture of the sperm entering the egg for some reason - interference from the Discovery channel perhaps? Maybe that's why you are seeing blood.

jriems and nbakid2000 like this.
  3. spice9

spice9 Senior Member

And why must the blue be cooked into the meth? The Nazis were right; just add a little food coloring. Like the methheads care how it got blue...

4. noladaoh

noladaoh Retired

After rewatching the episode, I noticed that Marie is wearing black when Hank calls. And looking at brains. Foreshadowing?

5. nbakid2000

I hope so. I will be so happy when Hank dies. They can take out Jesse too for all I care.

rburly likes this.
  6. Chief

Chief Over 12,000 Served

Has anyone commented on Walt Jr's possible role in how this plays out? He's the only character who still completely believes in Walt. He loves his dad unconditionally. He knows nothing about what his father has been up to.

On the one hand, it's painful to imagine using Jr. in some way against Walt or as part of a decision regarding the final outcome, but I can't see how the show could get away with leaving him as the only character unscathed by Walt. It also seems insufficient to leave the show with Jr. merely disappointed and disillusioned.

Walt was finally willing to kill Jesse. He was willing to kill someone he viewed as family. If faced with a life or death decision involving his son, he will be directly confronted with his personal ego investment and megalomania vs his actual family, the reason he got into this mess in the first place. That would be a stark decision.

I think Walt Jr. is the wild card.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

you say the weirdest things.

Rockinrob and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  8. nbakid2000

Everyone on this show should die.

mattdm11 and GentleSenator like this.
  9. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Damn -- I shoulda checked the thread before I took all those screencaps! Folks have been busy ... Well, as long as I have 'em, I'm a-gonna post 'em. I don't see any blood either...

Gomie_01.jpg

Gomie_02.jpg

Gomie_03.jpg

Gomie_04.jpg

Gems-A-Bems and brettster808 like this.
  10. nbakid2000

The top picture is what I thought the blood was...that salmon pink color he's wearing or whatever is darker in areas than others.

11. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

For the win.

12. vinyl anachronist

vinyl anachronist Senior Member

I think there's an additional shot of Gomez a few seconds later, and it does look like there might be a blood stain just above his belt.

13. Sean Murdock

Wouldn't there be something more than a "dark salmon pink" color on a guy who got shot in the chest?

Gems-A-Bems likes this.
  14. nbakid2000

That's what I thought too, along with a bunch of other people. Plus the grimace. Who knows at this point?

15. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

NO, there isn't. The last shot of Gomie is the first pic I posted. Mr. Murdock also posted the last shot of Gomie in the series above.

If you have pictures of a bleeding Gomie, post them now or STFU. Please.

hutlock and Lonson like this.
  16. matthew5

matthew5 Forum Resident

I guess this is idle speculation but....... if you are trained officer in this sort of standoff.... being both outnumbered and outgunned.... I would imagine it would make little sense to actually try to return fire? Duck for cover. Stay glued there. Let the shooters blow their wad. Perhaps then you can develop some sort of strategy. Try to draw some of the shooters out. If you manage to hit some of them, perhaps you can cause them to loose their nerve and flee. Still a long shot but it seems more logical than leaving yourself exposed and engaging when outnumbered three to one.....

Anyway this doesn't bother me as much as the timeline. Walt goes from mild mannered teacher to small time meth manufacturer to regional meth manufacturer to global meth manufacturer to retired in what? A year and a half? The first season should have lasted that long.

17. matthew5

matthew5 Forum Resident

I think the upcoming episode will show that Walt still has some good in him.

I think he would be horrified about the prospect of Hank being killed by some Nazi scumbags. I believe he still holds a soft spot for Jessie too even after being betrayed.

18. Standoffish

Standoffish Smarter than a turkey

Bleeding Gomie would make a good name for a band.

Gems-A-Bems and brettster808 like this.
  19. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

No, I think Walt has little good in him at this point.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  20. Macman

Macman Senior Member

I've thought this for a long time but it seemed like he was being written out of the storyline. Now he's appearing again and I think he will have some significance in the end, whether it's simply as the lone innocent left standing when it's all over or in some other way. I thought junior himself would become a meth user as his parents marriage imploded but it seems a little late for that now. Walt Jr. could be the lone person who could trigger the last shred of decency in his father.

21. Sean Murdock

Stuff's going to hit the fan for Junior before the show ends. Vince Gilligan was talking about him somewhere (the podcast, possibly, or an interview), and he said something along the lines of, "Poor Walt Jr. -- he's such an innocent. He's got a lot of growing up to do, unfortunately." I took the "unfortunately" to mean that his innocence will be shattered on the show.

UglyPineapple and Macman like this.
  22. matthew5

matthew5 Forum Resident

Final scene should have looked more like this

stumpy likes this.
  23. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

And what makes you think that Walt's story becomes known publicly? The flash forward? Because I'm not so convinced that means it is all public...

24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Why do gold CDs need to have a sputtered layer of gold on them? Why not just spraypaint some gold on the CDs when they're done.

Raf likes this.
  25. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

And when that happens, I expect he's going to want the money back that he raised for dad via his website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.