Anyone into 'BREAKING BAD'? (part 3)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Ah, then I shouldn't say. They've said a couple of things in relation to the storyline/casting that would indicate this all becomes public knowledge.

Also, I forgot, if Hank and Gomez die, then Marie could take it public.

2. Chief

Chief Over 12,000 Served

Maybe it will play out like the end of Star Wars. Maybe Jr. is Luke Skywalker and Walt is Darth Vader.

3. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

I think it's telling that they even kept the agent guarding Huell totally in the dark -- they're setting it up for Hank and Gomez to die, and for NOBODY at the DEA to have any idea what happened. Fortunately, there's Marie and Jesse's confession video, and Walt's (presumably recorded) phone call.

4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Ah, gotcha.

Just to explain, I had mentioned waaaaaay back in the thread that it could be that the world thinks Walt is dead. That would explain his neighbor's reaction to seeing him just as well as if he were a drug lord.

Of course, it could be BOTH -- his story comes out AND everyone thinks he is dead. That seems more likely to me at this point.

Gumboo likes this.
  5. hutlock

Wasn't he calling the Hello Kitty cell? How would they record something off of that? Given how quickly they showed up behind Walt, they were clearly driving while he was talking too...

6. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Additionally any neighbor woman would be freaked out to see the owner of a house that has been ransacked and left vacant. . . there were probably stories and speculations about how and why even if there were no specific information from the news or police etc.

hutlock likes this.
  7. hutlock

Right, and of course the possibility that she witnessed something too!

8. Jayski

Jayski Forum Resident

Maybe, maybe not. There was graffifi on the walls in his home that said 'Hesinburg'.

9. Lonson

Which may mean nothing to a neighbor that doesn't follow crime news.

10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I'd say that's uncertain.

11. Sean Murdock

Hank could have held his own pocket recorder (the one he tried to interview Skyler with) up to Jesse's phone and captured most of it. Walt wasn't exactly whispering.

12. hutlock

Sure, but that's sort of a stretch... plus, not exactly admissible evidence there.

13. Sean Murdock

Not sure why that's a "stretch." As to admissability, someone in another recap comment thread said that in New Mexico, you only need the consent of ONE party to record a phone conversation. In this case, Jesse would have consented.

14. hutlock

It's a stretch because that's my opinion. I just don't see that all going on while they are all driving in a car out to the desert. I think Hank just thought he'd catch Walt with the money and between that and what he already had, he'd be able to lock Walt up.

As they say, YMMV... :winkgrin:

Thanks for the tip about admissibility though.... I had no idea.

15. Lonson

You think all the city knows about Heisenberg? I doubt it.

16. UglyPineapple

UglyPineapple Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure that anybody at the DEA outside of Hank and Gomez knows about what's going on. No protective custody for Jessie, no warrant on the Hello Kitty phone for a trace and trap. Which would lend credence to the theory that Hank and Gomez die, Walt goes on the run. The Nazis trash his house to lure him out with the Heisenberg graffiti…

17. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

If Walt Jr. is the last man standing, just think of how many pancakes he could buy with $80 million.

Dan

Macman and Gumboo like this.
  18. hutlock

I'll go one further than say I am ENTIRELY sure that no one knows about outside of Hank and Gomez.

19. nbakid2000

Did anyone else feel the first part of the call to Walt from Jesse sounded really scripted/stitched together? It did not sound natural at all. Another thing that bugged me (I'm anal, I admit it) was the crystal clear reception that sounded nothing like a phone signal. The whole speech sounded like something you'd hear out of an Ocean 11's film, with various scenes stitched together as the narrative "how we did it" or "how we're going to do this" unfolds. I don't know. It didn't sound real to me. The way his voice was changing throughout just sounded really fake.

mattdm11 likes this.
  20. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I say this with all due respect: are you sure you like this show?

Dan

21. nbakid2000

I gripe because I care.

22. UglyPineapple

UglyPineapple Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing, it doesn't sound like a conversation that Jessie would really have on the phone. I don't know if it was to imply that he had a script or just the way the scene was written.

23. Raf

Raf Senior Member

You must like a lot of stuff.

24. nbakid2000

That car race to the desert was pretty frickin' cool though!

25. ribors

ribors Forum Resident

I thought that was the whole point - the call was rehearsed so Walt would spill his beans and stay on the phone long enough to trace him to the money. It was not supposed to sound like a normal conversation from Jesse's perspective; I can imagine he had a big smirk on his face the longer Walt paniced and fell for the trap.

I didn't notice or pay attention to the phone call quality, but it must have been smiley faced eq, compression, or no-noise (or likely all three);) :)

Gems-A-Bems and nosticker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.