The Blacklist with James Spader

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Panda, Sep 19, 2013.

1. I'm not a scientist but Mythbusters proved that water stops bullets almost instantly so I bought that water that deep could stop a lot of the explosion but I would imagine the splash should have been bigger than that. I guess they had to show that the radioactivity didn't get airborne. I still like this show a lot. They throw enough "things are not what they seem" moments into it to keep me intrigued. It does suffer a bit from what I call Criminal Minditis. That is that the plot and/or killer is complex enough that by the time they've set everything up it's like "oh, two minutes left, there he is, we caught him, the end". Both shows could benefit from some two-hour episodes.

kwadguy likes this.
  2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

They also seem to forget that now the entire harbor is hopelessly irradiated and will have to be shut down for 50 years. Dumb, dumb, dumb episode.

But I liked the back-and-forth on whether the husband is dirty or not. I say he's lying.

nbakid2000 likes this.
  3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, I thought that was pretty lazy writing: Ho hum, the water is polluted. But the dirty bomb is contained. High fives all around...it's Miller time!

Vidiot likes this.
  4. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Bill Clinton wishes!:D
    Is she that bad? I guess I've yet to notice her acting.;)

5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

:laughup:

hernan-r and kevywevy like this.
  6. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

It was rather scary bringing up the Dristan poisonings
    that happened in 82 I remember that well.
    Corperate criminal enterprise to destroy another makes sense.:eek:

7. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I'm thinkin she might be the worst actor in the English language.

8. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Actually I'm starting to see Marie Osmond

9. Hippie Saint

Hippie Saint Well-Known Member

Forgive me for my ignorance but why does the 'stewmaker' needs to be in his birthday suit and shaven all over before disposing his victims with chemicals?

10. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

I had a problem starting with the elevator scene. Once again, Ressler, a highly trained FBI operative (with 7 years experience, as we are so obviously told), who is able to withstand the pain of cutting into his own arm with broken glass (see previous episode), is so easily choked-out by a 5-foot tall woman. FBI = idiots again.

Then the purchaser of the painting, who has an indirect connection to this import/export business plot involving the bombing, just happened to be on the phone when Lizzie was at Red's place, which prompts her to inquire about the payment redirect & piece together that it's all going down in Houston???

At least they didn't have Red getting back from Germany in time for the finale.

The writers had better step it up a LOT, if they hope to keep fans around. Even Spader barely kept this episode afloat.
    Parminder Nagra's character (Agent Malik) needs more dimensionality too.

11. There was one scene this week when I thought "come on, you couldn't come up with a better reaction shot than that? So yeah, she's that bad. How is it that you can make a TV show with someone the caliber of Spader cast in the lead and not notice that you cast a lead actress that can't act very well? This isn't a soap opera, it's a high-profile prime time show starring a great actor with a reputation for chewing as much scenery as he can. A very strong actress should have been a minimum requirement. Maybe she's the producer's girlfriend or something.

12. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

You have clearly never watched any of the Syfy channel original films like "Sharknado", the girl on The Blacklist is Katherine Hepburn compared to that stuff.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  13. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

I think they blew their budget on Spader. Everyone else is strictly B-list, or worse.

Producers think they can get by with a pretty face without talent. While most people prefer watching attractive actors, that gets old real quick.

14. chacha

cool!

15. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Mandy Moore is insulted by your comment.
    [​IMG]

16. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

No matter what you guys say about the female lead in The Black List, no way she's a worse actress than Rachel Bilson on Hart of Dixie -- or even on the same level of incompetence. I know this to be true because I also have a major thing for Bilson, yet I never fail to notice that she's a bad actress.:)

17. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant Thread Starter

That is sooo true. She looks amazing in some of those skirts and heels, but she is embarrassing.

18. progrocker71

What Bilson lacks in pure acting chops she makes up for in personality, her character is a hoot on Hart of Dixie. A show like that doesn't require a great thespian, just someone that has the looks and personality to sell the character to the audience…which Bilson does with ease.

Bilson has small but very funny roles in the films "The To Do List" (2013) and "L!fe Happens" (2011) which demonstrate that she has a fine sense of comedy.

groundharp likes this.
  19. chacha

I haven't seen Dixie but does her casting make sense on the show? Megan is way over her head on Blacklist and has to wear a wig as well which is insane casting to me.

20. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Can a moderator PLEASE fix the thread heading? Driving me bonkers. Blacklist.

rburly likes this.
  21. progrocker71

Juliana Margulies has worn a wig for the entire run of The Good Wife. What does that matter anyway?

22. chacha

The difference is Juliana is a wonderful actress

23. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Spader's character is getting more annoying. In my version when he comes to the FBI with the next Blacklister they decide that he is worse than any of the people he's betraying and shoot him dead in front of the profiler girl. Then they all go to a bar and celebrate. :p

24. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

I don't know- Show is wearing thin for me. Please move the plot along.. yes I'm suffering from Breaking Bad withdrawl...

rburly likes this.
  25. :roodytiphat:

Steve Hoffman likes this.