Yet other Moondance deluxe offers

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by mesfen, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mesfen

mesfen Senior Member Thread Starter

Tjazz likes this.
  2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Don't really need this, but for $20 shipped, I'll take a shot with the hideous, dreaded, Rakuten.

If you go with Rakuten, be sure to either use PayPal or one of the other accepted 3rd party payment systems. They leak credit card and other info live a sieve...

3. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

4. mesfen

we'll see; the present price is about $77

5. bob338

bob338 Forum Resident

ugh. two particularly slimy sellers. i took a chance on the rakuten set...we'll see if it ever ships.

6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Moviemars isn't slimy. They are just hit-and-miss with respect to fulfillment. But if they can source the item, they are very good about honoring too-cheap prices.

Rakuten is both slimy and the source of a huge amount of credit card fraud that they've never publicly admitted.

I went with Rakuten, but I used PayPal (no credit info for Rakuten) and I said OK to the "Google Guarantee" thing that popped up at the end. If Rakuten doesn't come through, I'll get my money back and they won't get another credit card number to accidentally share.

Tjazz likes this.
  7. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

Thanks fo rthe heads up. It was up to $47.99 on Rakuten so I went with the MovieMars option for $37 shipped. Be interesting to see how everyone's orders shake out (or don't).

8. It's apparently back to $17.98 on Rakuten. I am not even bothering with placing an order, I don't think Rakuten will fill the order for the deluxe set at that price.

9. RPhelps

RPhelps Forum Resident

I gotta admit I am only interested in disc #5

jsayers and jeffrey walsh like this.
  10. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

I buy more stuff from Moviemars than any other online retailer not named Amazon, and I've never had them cancel an order because a price was too good to be true. They always ship quickly as well.

11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Right: Moviemars seems to always ship if they can source the item. But frequently they will list an item for which they have 1 copy, the copy will sell, and they'll relist--but the second sale will ultimately be canceled because they can't source a second one.

12. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

Never had that happen to me. Guess I've been lucky.

13. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

14. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

38.69 on Popmarket, yeah bb!

Tjazz likes this.
  15. mesfen

i got my moviemars shipment, but nothing from rakuten (I would be surprised if this ever materialized).

16. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

17. kdbrink

kdbrink Forum Resident

Just pulled the trigger on the PopMarket $42.99 deal...and the Hunter S. Thompson deal too!

18. They certainly didn't wait long to drop the price on this set if it's already on Popmarket.

19. bob338

bob338 Forum Resident

I got a tracking number from Rakuten today.

Tjazz likes this.
  20. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Moviemars was flawless for my 5 disc Moondance. Great price. Arrived within a few days of my order, in perfect condition. Very satisfied.

21. The set is well worth it under $40. The Blu-ray audio alone is probably worth $25 to $30 by itself.

jeffrey walsh likes this.
  22. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

My $21.12 order from Rakuten has apparently shipped. Amazing...

23. bob338

bob338 Forum Resident

Got my order from Buy.com/Rakuten today and it is the 5 disc version.
    Thanks to the original poster, this was a great deal that I would never have bought for retail.

Tjazz likes this.
  24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yup...I wouldn't have even paid $30, given that I'll probably only ever listen to the original album (which I already have) and the 5.1 disc more than once.

But for $20...it hit the pricing sweet spot for me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.