Three (Now Eight) Upcoming Sinatra/Capitol Titles on MFSL LP & SACD*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bob F, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bozburn

bozburn Forum Resident

Interesting cover art choice for Swingin' Affair. (Track titles?)

2. SamTheSham968

SamTheSham968 Forum Resident

Well, CFWM and IWSH are no longer on the music direct website. The 3 others are still there, as TBA.

3. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

That revised front for A SWINGIN' AFFAIR shown in this ad is not going to be on the final product. The actual releases will have the original cover.

4. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member Thread Starter

See earlier discussion (starting here). I'd be very surprised (and disappointed) if that is the actual cover art they will use. Since the product is vaporware currently, the real cover is probably in the same category.

5. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Please, please, early 2014. We have been teased for a year already

Bob F likes this.
  6. bozburn

bozburn Forum Resident

Ohh, thanks Bob. Sorry for the repeated discussion. I certainly feel at home here and love these discussions but I have a lot of catching up to do!

7. Bob F

Let's hope it's a temporary situation. Since they've been there for a year (with many pre-orders pending, I'd bet), and they're shown in the new catalog, it's difficult to believe they won't become available.

8. Bob F

No problem. This thread and it's predecessor have been going for a LONG time. The new MD catalog is dredging up all the old discussions generated by last year's catalog and earlier.

9. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Keep in mind too guys, that these ads are set up months in advance. At least the catalogs have to be.

10. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

I'm so looking forward to these releases I really hope we get them soon.

11. triple

triple Senior Member

Does the new Mini Disc catalog mention anything by Dean Martin? :angel:

12. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

I'd be interested in some Dean releases from MOFI too.

Simon A likes this.
  13. DLant

DLant The Upstate Gort Staff

They keep telling us that This Time I'm Swingin'! is set to be released on SACD by the end of 2013, which will include a bonus track!

14. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Let's face it. I think many of us would like to have access to all those great albums by the top Capitol artists released with great sound. I'd love some June Christy done in this way. Capitol not only had great talent but some of the best recording facilities and engineers around. The tapes have all been well preserved. What we need now is someone to acknowledge that most CD releases have been plagued by poor judgement and that the public would like to hear these classics like they deserve to be heard.

15. scotpagel

scotpagel Forum Resident

Awesome if they could do June Christy :)

Get2Me, hodgo and stevelucille like this.
  16. colormesinatra

colormesinatra Forum Resident

and Tony Bennett, Rosemary Clooney, Peggy Lee and Johnny Mathis too. The list goes on.

hodgo likes this.
  17. colormesinatra

colormesinatra Forum Resident

I'm also itching for the In the Wee Small Hours SACD/LP!!!!! I can't wait!

18. Get2Me

Get2Me Forum Resident

I just got some sad, sad news!

Acoustic Sounds e-mailed me to say that the forthcoming In The Wee Small Hours SACD has been "canceled for release by the label and is no longer available for purchase."

Likewise, the title was removed from my pre-order. Ugh! This is not good. Not good at all!

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for the other Sinatra SACDs!

19. aoxomoxoa

20. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

This is NOT good news. Has anyone thought to ask Acoustic Sounds the current fate of the rest of the SACD pre-orders? Sad, that the folks at Acoustic Sounds aways seems to know more than the folks at Music Direct, who are owned by the same people as Mobile Fidelity! It kind of sucks to have to find out Mobile Fidelty's actual new release arrivals, by spying in on their facebook page daily, (as I don't do facebook)

21. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

In the Wee Small Hours has also disappeared from ElusiveDisc's website. The MFSL SACDs still listed for pre-order are Songs for Swingin' Lovers, A Swingin' Affair and Point of No Return.

I wonder why MFSL cancelled In the Wee Small Hours.

22. aoxomoxoa

Glad I didn't sell the MOFI box!

23. aoxomoxoa

So maybe they couldn't locate the tapes for this one?

24. Bob F

As mentioned a few days ago, both IN THE WEE SMALL HOURS and COME FLY WITH ME have disappeared from Music Direct's website. Also, the vinyl versions of SONGS FOR SWINGIN' LOVERS and A SWINGIN' AFFAIR. (Those two are now SACD only.) The only title which is still "TBA" in both 180G LP and SACD is POINT OF NO RETURN.

Mobile Fidelity disappoints once again, it seems, despite the "Coming Soon" notation in the Music Direct catalog just received. :realmad:

25. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Bob,

Do you have any idea why those titles are gone? Problems with the Sinatra family?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.