Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Discussion. What Can We Expect?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark Fricke, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAMES A KELEMAN

JAMES A KELEMAN Forum Resident

So just putting it out there...on the site talking about what one person has heard from this set already, are we getting more than just the new stereo mix and 5.1 on the Blu-ray? Because it says it has the because vocals only... So are we getting some songs in the "elements" style? Just kinda curious, they have to have something else included because the tracklist is kind of light IMO

autumn daze, bherbert and supermd like this.
  2. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Whoa, they did 37 takes of the strings for "Something"!!! Or does that just mean the strings were added to take 37 of the song?

If that track list is true, I'm genuinely surprised that there's nothing of that rehearsal tape of "Something" with the long piano outro, and nothing of "You Know My Name" which was done in the middle of the AR sessions. Also, John's acoustic demo of "Because" is pretty great and out on bootleg so it would be nice to include it here in better quality.

Really nice that it looks like "Goodbye" will finally see official release.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  3. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Here we go again.

People who do not like hints: just stop looking at this thread untill the official announcement is made. There, simple.

Sheeesh....

4. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Yeah. They probably hate all this attention and buzz two months before release.

5. beatleroadie

I will!

dave63 likes this.
  6. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Leakers who get mad at premature leakers.

Gotta love it.

"You didn't dribble. You streamed. In fact, you gushed. Serious blowback is coming. There will be hell to pay."

Mrsharko, Shawn, Bern and 3 others like this.
  7. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident

I Want You (She’s So Heavy) without tape hiss? Sign me up.

theMess, weavzy, Shaddam IV and 3 others like this.
  8. beatleroadie

Gotta be an announcement next week.

9. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident

I wonder why Apple Corps don’t release all the content on the Blu-Ray disc? Maybe there wouldn’t be enough space?

vitorbastos123 likes this.
  10. Isaac Azimuth

Isaac Azimuth Forum Resident

Could some of the "missing" takes/busks be elements within other tracks included in this set? Medleys, so to speak? I have no knowledge, but sessions often sprawl and free-association happens, umm... freely.
    I'm trying to remain hopeful that some of these bits we've heard about for years may still emerge. I know you've heard more of this raw material than I have; does such a theory hold any water?
    Jeff

11. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

Isn't ANY publicity, good publicity? I know Jeff Jones, well knew him years ago and I can't believe HE'D be upset about a little pre-publicity. Any thoughts on why they maintain their 6-8 week presser/project release time frame? Why wouldn't they start dropping hints as soon as any project is wrapped up and fully approved? You know... a 5 second clip per day on their official website. Have their Beatles Channel start the promotional push... like now. I always thought that waiting period was a Neil Aspinall decision. So, why in 2019 is it still being adhered to? Back in the day, ICE magazine use to report box set projects months and months before release. Sometimes even listing full contents and such. I'm not really complaining, just wondering why you think Apple will split a gut over the early track listing and release confirmation. What would they ever gain by losing insiders... or keeping ALL information (hey, that includes Giles AND Ringo too) under lock and key until that 6-8 week from release mantra? Call me confused. Ron

12. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

13. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident

shmuckler likes this.
  14. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

I would assume if they were included the titles would be included in the track list tondraw attention to them. They didn't hide Let it Be or 'So Square on the WA box doubt they would hide any here either if they were included, but would love to be wrong

Isaac Azimuth likes this.
  15. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

I agree. It seems silly to have it under lock and key and hush hush

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  16. J Alesait

J Alesait Forum Resident

Yeah, but in any case, one thing is sure: Goodbye will now BE (at last) a Beatles song!!

Elliottmarx likes this.
  17. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Everything is part of the plan....

Ring Starr opened the Pandora's Box...

18. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

Has this been confirmed? Couldn't the track list have been sent to the CD or record pressing plant. Then copied and supplied to an insider. Could it have been as simple as a secretary faxing or emailing a list to all employees without noting that details were to be kept confidential? I've experienced both scenarios and neither would rise to employee betrayal. Ron

19. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Maybe some of the hiss is from that. But some of that heavy "wind"/major "hiss" was deliberate.

It's an over the top song with John losing it, not being able to contain his passion, with all hell breaking loose, and the tape breaking apart abruptly at the end.

And then the storm is over. Gone but not forgotten.

Fortunately, Here Comes The Sun.

20. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

So, I take it Billy Organ probably means Billy Preston on organ?

21. supermd

supermd Senior Member

No, it's referring to modern-day overdubs by Billy Corgan, reported huge fan of the album. ;)

Joking aside, thank goodness the Beatles aren't one of those bands who celebrate their anniversary releases by having modern artists cover their material. I can see it now:

"This 2-CD 50th anniversary package features a remix by Giles Martin on Disc 1, followed by Disc 2, Abbey Road: Reimagined, featuring the album given a fresh perspective by today's hottest stars."

It's happened with other artists, ya know. :hurl:

22. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Yeah, at this point, The attention now brought to bear is not conducive to sharing those down the line

23. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

I get your confusion and don't understand the policy either but it is what it is. I guess the truth really is in the whole "plans not finalized" bit. I mean before the internet,how many projects were rumored, from reliable sources (far as we knew) only to never happen at all or in a totally different way from the original rumors. Coldcuts is probably just one of the famous Beatle related examples .(of course Let it Be has been coming out for sure every year since 2003) At least now the information gets leaked, turns out to be accurate and then its just a matter of waiting for it to be in our hands. The government secret aspect that record labels, particularly Apple and the solo Beatles have is pretty ridiculous, but at least they are keeping up their end and actually releasing the product.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  24. beatleroadie

It's a little silly to be so secretive when everyone knows, and pattern has been established, that these reissues are Anniversary Editions. So people know when the finished product is coming. It's odd to be so secretive about the specifics 2+ months away. This isn't a new album. It's an archive reissue.

If they embraced a more social media approach...wow Apple could really milk a lot of publicity and social media chatter by releasing details piecemeal over a much longer period of time (begin teasers and some track confirmations here and there starting 6 months out), instead of being radio silent then dumping all the info at once two months before release. That's the old method.

BeatleJWOL, theMess, Gila and 4 others like this.
  25. Mike Visco

Mike Visco Forum Resident

Wow could that mean when the Let it Be book comes out we could get rare threetle photos from Jan. 1970?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.