Barnes & Noble 50% Off Vinyl Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Vinyljunkie22, Aug 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinyljunkie22

Vinyljunkie22 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure they've never done 10% Off online it's always been like that. After 3 online orders it basically pays for itself so if you order a lot online it's definitely worth it. I've probably saved over $100 in shipping fees in the last couple months. I mean Amazon Prime is $20 every month, this is $25 every year.

hutlock likes this.
  2. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I didn't do a membership until 2017, and certainly at that point it didn't get me 10% off for online orders. But the coupons and free shipping had me placing plenty of online orders.

3. davers

davers Forum Resident

Not a vinyl sale per se but I received a 20% coupon for the Memorial Day weekend - it's been a bit of a dry spell for B&N coupons! (The e-mail heading actually stated 30% but no complaints about the 20% listed on the coupon).

I may pick up the Petty Best of Everything vinyl box.

Jspmike and superstar19 like this.
  4. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Yes, that was nice to see in the inbox. And vinyl wasn't excluded like the last coupon!

Jspmike and davers like this.
  5. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

Is that a personalized code, or one you can share?
    I just discovered my account was supended from not using for ages.
    Don't think they sent me the email.
    :(

6. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I treated myself to Kate Bush's "Sensual World" vinyl yesterday! Been waiting for a coupon to use on that one for a while!

In other Barnes & Noble related news I heard from my store manager that the Criterion sale is going ahead as usual in July. I've also noticed that there seems to be quite a few Barnes & Noble exclusives coming out on the 16th July so I'm wondering if that's when they'll be holding their vinyl weekend?

dee, Kym, Davidmk5 and 2 others like this.
  7. davers

davers Forum Resident

It says "exclusive" coupon so I assume it will only work for me. Maybe Jspmike knows how it works?

Jspmike likes this.
  8. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Every single coupon that they have sent out will have a different code meaning that it will only work once.

Davidmk5, davers, superstar19 and 2 others like this.
  9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Do we know if the coupon is stackable? One of the stores near me still has a couple of tasty LPs marked at 25% off so if I can pile an extra 20% on top that would be awesome. Any idea, @Jspmike?

superstar19 likes this.
  10. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Does it work on pre-orders? Just tried to place an online order for an album coming out at end of June and it wouldn’t apply the code.

11. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

It should stack on top of the 25% been as I did it the last time there was a coupon! It wouldn't work if it was a 50% off item. Let me know how you get on.

Unfortunately it doesn't usually work on pre-orders although sometimes a sales assistant in the store will manually override it if they don't realize.

superstar19, captouch and hutlock like this.
  12. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Nice! Thanks!!! Gonna do some shopping! Lol

Jspmike and superstar19 like this.
  13. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Looks like the 50% off vinyl sale is back in the B&N shops. I picked up these today:

Springsteeen on Broadway
    Springsteen - Western Stars (the live version, though they had both)
    Neil Young & Promise of the Real - The Visitor
    U2 - Songs of Experience

14. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

When I got the 50% off e-mail a few weeks ago, I went to my closest B&N. Other than a couple of Springsteen titles that I didn't remember from last time, it looks like all this particular store did was save all the dregs from the previous sale and put them back out this time. What a disappointment. Apparently, Barnes & Noble has a thing for Loreena McKennitt.

15. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I got one of those McKennitt's as I was bound and determined to not leave empty handed. Oddly, tons of Joe Bonamassa last last sale seems to be missing from this one. No way they sold all of those.

16. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Some of those Loreena McKennitt vinyl titles are limited B&N exclusives. Granted they may not have sold as they expected but that doesn’t take anything away from the artist. I thoroughly enjoy her music and was glad to liberate a couple of her albums thanks to the half-off sale.

17. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Same thing at the three Boston area stores I’ve stopped at.

18. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

Even at 50% off, there was nothing I was interested in bringing home. I went through the racks twice to see if I could talk myself into something but it was a no-go. And multiple leftover Joe Banamassas were present and accounted for at my location. He was the other artist I couldn't think of that was amply represented.

DLD likes this.
  19. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Most of the albums are from the previous sale. When I was setting up the sale in my store there were about 40 additions (they included Springsteen, Josh Ritter, Brendan Benson, Madonna, Tanya Tucker and Raphael Saadiq). I would have bought the Brendan Benson and the Josh Ritter if I didn't have them already as they are really good albums. I've bought Miles Davis "Kind Of Blue", Tom Petty "Echo" and Garbage "Strange Little Birds" from this sale.

20. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Senior Member

Is there a current “master list” of the 50% vinyl?

21. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I don't think there's an accurate list of everything that is currently "in stock" in the 50% off sale that I have access to. If ever I see a print out then I'd let you folks know.

Bob J, black sheriff and oldjollymon like this.
  22. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Anybody else have Barnes & Noble downsizing in square footage in your town? Here we have a store that just closed that was huge and is moving to a smaller location just down the road.

23. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Snagged the KG Santana Abraxas and Time Outtakes on colored vinyl today although no Labor Day discounts.
    Lost count of how many copies of Abraxas I have now but after hearing good reports I bit the bullet.

Jspmike and SJP like this.
  24. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Just to promote less irritation in those who get tired of seeing Loreena McKennitt titles in the bin, I snagged one more (An Ancient Muse) before this current sale becomes An Ancient History.

* And to correct my comment above, these titles are simply "limited", not B&N exclusives (not that anyone here really gives a hoot about Loreena McKennitt).

Jspmike likes this.
  25. U2Achtung1

U2Achtung1 Forum Resident

I wonder if this shall be returning on the 26th

SJP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.