Binge-worthy TV Shows for Isolation

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Apr 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScorpSik

ScorpSik Well-Known Member

Series 1 was PHENOMINAL!!!!!! Saw one ep on holiday in Aus years ago, ordered the DVD for when I got home.
    I was disappointed in the subsequent series' though - but Hell, that first series was insane!

2. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Some anime/animation to recommend:
    • Serial Experiments Lain
    • The Big O (Season One)
    • Bleach (up to Episode 63)
    • Cowboy Bebop
    • Green Lantern - The Animated Series
    • Batman Beyond

3. drh

drh Talking Machine

Not limited to actors. My daughter figure skates, and among her coaches one finished just off the podium at the Olympics and medaled at Worlds, and she is as kind and ego-free as you can imagine. The ones over the years who have been prima donnas were the ones who never got anywhere.

My daughter's an anime fan in a big way, so I've done some exploring myself as a dad-daughter sharing thing. I make a point of watching no more than an episode per night of anything, but here are the ones I've seen that I could have happily binged had I not kept to that rule. (I'm omitting others, like Samurai Pizza Cats, that I've enjoyed as much but that are best in smaller doses.)

• Violet Evergarden--My favorite of the lot. A somewhat steampunky vibe, but gorgeous artwork and stories with real meat to them.
    • Forest of Piano--I've actually reviewed it at length here [Review] Forest of Piano, Netflix music anime series
    • Noragami--wandering orphaned god in a track suit trying to make a living at odd jobs, who isn't quite the doofus he appears on the surface
    • Midnight Occult Civil Servants--imaginative stories penned by somebody who knows his mythology, and not just Greek!
    • Rent a Girlfriend--would be worth seeing just for the grandmas. Huge fun, especially if you weren't one of the "socially adept" guys in college.
    • She and her Cat-Everything Flows--the 3 or 4 episodes together aren't much longer than a typical single anime episode. Touching story from an unexpected perspective.
    • Chivalry of a Failed Knight--The quintessential "underestimated hero" story, told with flair.
    • I Couldn't Become a Hero, so I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job--A "fish out of water" story with plenty of both mirth and drama, not to mention a Star Trek TNG take-off!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.