Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Eek! I’ve one on the way …

2. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I wouldn’t worry too much. My first copy arrived and had some very loud pops on side one, the last of which made the stylus jump (which I think has only ever happened once before). I checked the record and there was a physical bump on it that I couldn’t remove so returned it and the replacement is perfect - flat, centred, dead quiet vinyl and the music itself is amazing! I thought these may be overhyped and a case of the emperor’s new clothes, but I compared it to my Back to Black pressing and it was a really noticeable improvement, and the B2B pressing is great anyway.

Davidmk5 and culabula like this.
  3. BornToBoogie

BornToBoogie Forum Resident

Amazon.co.uk

Warehouse deals plus extra 30% off ! Vinyl and CDs.

4. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Nice one ..finally got the Lennon signature box ...used very good for £40

myles likes this.
  5. starbuck

starbuck Forum Resident

They presently have 6 'Used - Like New' copies available which work out at £46 after the 30% discount. I'm tempted but I don't know how much solo/later Lennon I actually like, having only heard Imagine on vinyl about 10 years ago.

6. Gavaxeman

It’s a great one stop shop....for me it’s the only Lennon release I haven’t got so will make a good companion to the Anthology box and new mixes to compare to my original CDs

starbuck likes this.
  7. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Buy it and treat it nice when you use it. Once you've gone through the contents to your satisfaction, if you decide it's not a keeper you can always sell it.

Almost Simon likes this.
  8. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

These warehouse ratings, unsure, bought one before and it came off great, but "acceptable" for vinyl. Well, not sure if thats the packaging or issue with the record, i guess pay your money and take your choice, can always return. Already arguing with myself.......................ordered!!:shh:;)

Gavaxeman likes this.
  9. Gavaxeman

Yeah I was happy to take a chance on a very good CD set ..less so on an acceptable vinyl set...I did once get Paul Wellers “Wake up the nation” on a market place vinyl deal for £10...it was immaculate.. worth a bit now

Almost Simon likes this.
  10. starbuck

starbuck Forum Resident

I succumbed and my "Used - Like New" Lennon set turned up today, still in factory shrinkwrap with just a bit of the shrink missing from a corner and the tiniest smudge on the box below which wiped off with my thumb. Seems like a very nice set for a little over £46.00.

Gavaxeman, Almost Simon and Rob6899 like this.
  11. Almost Simon

Deal is still on, not so much left but still worth a look. George Harrison Dark Horse years cd set and Lennon set too.

12. Almost Simon

I ordered the 2019 triple vinyl Pink Floyd Delicate Sound of Thunder. Advertised with mark on one vinyl but most of the issues were the box. So for £22 worth a try, arrives tomorrow, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Gavaxeman likes this.
  13. Liam19

Liam19 Forum Resident

Had this in my basket but sold before getting through checkout. Let us know how it arrives so I know if that was a good thing!

Few I picked up arrived today;
    Jimmy Smith - Back At The Chicken Shack (Classic series pressing, couple of corner creased. Not sealed but vinyl looks new.)
    Price - Rainbow Children (Sealed, moderate creasing to both corners)
    Paul McCartney - Paul Is Live (2 copies. One 'acceptable' is sealed but has major water damage. One list as 'good' is perfect.)

Always find the condition grading can differ massively, but 3/4 is a result with just one of Paul Is Live going back.

Almost Simon likes this.
  14. Gavaxeman

My Lennon box arrived, still sealed , one tiny ding on the outer box , and as it’s all white hardly noticeable...very pleased with that ...I now have every Lennon Box Set so completion corner ocd satisfied ..thanks for the tip off

Almost Simon likes this.
  15. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I picked up 7 by Madness, “used - like new” and received a brand new, sealed record, no damage whatsoever for £8.80 (it shot up to £20.99 this morning). Very happy indeed. I wonder if returned, sealed records are considered “used” by Amazon when relisting?

Almost Simon and Gavaxeman like this.
  16. Almost Simon

2019 triple vinyl Delicate Sound of Thunder arrived. Just opened, not yet played but the amazon warehouse "acceptable" rating bears no relation to the box. The amazon description stated a lot of outer box damage, some inner damage and a mark on the vinyl. :confused:

The only visible issue is the inner sleeves have those slight tears on the spine, which is no issue, certainly if id bought it brand new for £50 then yes, id consider returning it. But outer box is very good condition, a few small dings but nothing i would worry about having visible on my rack. The vinyl i havent played but it all looks mint. And best of all, the download code is still in the box and not yet used so i've just added it to my itunes.

Very happy! (of course still need to spin the vinyl but so far so good.)

Twice now i've bought from warehouse, last time was the vinyl Dylan Trouble No More bootleg series for £15, which only had the download code missing.

So i guess my lesson learned here is dont trust the warehouse ratings as you dont know what you get, obviously there is a risk it might be duff but im sure returning it will be easy.

garrincha, Gavaxeman and imarcq like this.
  17. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Thanks for this. My two arrived today. First was Jimmy Smith / Chicken Shack which apart from a crease in the sleeve is in mint condition and is both an outstanding mastering and pressing.

The other was the double LP Infiniment/ Jacques Brel whose sleeve was slightly worse and probably made worse by Amazon themselves re-sealing it far too tightly. Again, both records absolutely mint.

Reading Amazon’s own description of how they were just ‘acceptable’ made me fear rips and tears in both sleeves, but there was nothing of the sort.

So glad I took a punt (as I have done before and scored highly).

Almost Simon, Gavaxeman and Porkpie like this.
  18. Rob6899

Rob6899 Forum Resident

Arknine likes this.
  19. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

Mine turned up yesterday all sounds fine to me you must have been unlucky

20. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Kiss Fans Only...

Off The Soundboard: Tokyo Dome – Tokyo, Japan 3/13/2001 [VINYL]
    Triple vinyl, Box Set
    4.6 out of 5 stars (154)

The Amazon 30% off Warehouse items sale is finishing tomorrow. I noticed that they have a few of the 3LP Kiss Off the Soundboard officially licensed sets in various condition from Good, Very Good to Like New.

Before discount they range from £27-£30. After 30% discount around £20. New they are about £35...more on eBay. So if you are a Kiss fan this looks like a great buy! I bought a 'Like New' set as it was only an extra quid after discount...so less of a risk!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08R68BVJM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_97E933YJSAEX7FZT13P6

[​IMG]

Description

OFF THE SOUNDBOARD is the new official “bootleg” live series for KISS!

Starting the series will be their epic performance at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan on March 13, 2001. This show comes from the band’s vault of soundboard recordings, features Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Eric Singer and Ace Frehley.

SIDE ONE

1.Detroit Rock City

2.Deuce

3.Shout It Out Loud

4.Talk To Me

SIDE TWO

1.I Love It Loud

2.Firehouse

3.Do You Love Me

4.Calling Dr. Love

5.Heaven’s On Fire

SIDE THREE

1.Let Me Go Rock & Roll

2.Shock Me / Guitar Solo

SIDE FOUR

1.Psycho Circus

2.Lick It Up / Bass Solo

3.God Of Thunder / Drum Solo

SIDE FIVE

1.Cold Gin

2.100,000 Years

3.Love Gun

SIDE SIX

1.I Still Love You

2.Black Diamond

3.I Was Made For Lovin’ You

4.Rock And Roll All Nite

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    superstar19 likes this.
  21. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Mine too.

22. Rob6899

Rob6899 Forum Resident

Sounds brilliant. Slight edge warp but will live with it as it doesn't affect the sound.

23. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Rob6899 likes this.
  24. Rob6899

Rob6899 Forum Resident

£5.76 in used.

Good deal.

25. [​IMG]

Getz at The Gate THE STAN GETZ QUARTET LIVE AT THE VILLAGE GATE NOV. 26 1961 (Verve) 2 CD

Stan Getz (tenor sax), Steve Kuhn (piano), John Neves (bass), Roy Haynes (drums)

Double CD (also issued on 3xLPs) from the always entertaining Boston Band. These recordings were first released 58 years after the event & nicely packaged in gatefold digipak with 16 page booklet.

Current price £7.95

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QD32SVK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PH416156, Almost Simon and dastinger like this.