Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Tjazz and sbsugar like this.
  2. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Looks like they're actually doing 3 Chili Peppers records. Kinda strange how they're all double LPs yet they are 3 different prices:
    Californication $34.98
    By The Way $29.97
    Blood Sugar Sex Magic $32.97
    Robot or human?
    [​IMG]
    Robot or human?
    [​IMG]

3. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

It's crazy how Walmart is getting exclusives for some of these classic albums. Crazy!

4. marcb

marcb Senior Member

The only thing “exclusive” is generally the color. More than a few are “exclusive” to multiple retailers.

5. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

Wish there was a way to know the mastering on this!

6. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Me too. I'm hoping it's the same as the most recent 2020 pressing which has good reviews.
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication

NewKidInTown likes this.
  7. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

8. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

Does Walmart charge pre-orders when shipped or at the time of the order?

9. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

they've always charged me when shipped :righton: so unless anythings changed in 5 months that should be it .

NewKidInTown likes this.
  10. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

Anyone pick up the Van Halen box that came out yesterday?

11. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

I saw some photos of the box set that someone posted on a Facebook page, and the outer sleeve looks really nice. I really wanted colored vinyl instead of replica backstage passes, but I'm still seriously thinking about ordering this box set.

One other reason for my interest being piqued is that someone said (on the same Facebook page) that the David Lee Roth poster is included in the Women And Children First album in the set, whereas it supposedly is NOT included in the copies that are being sold separately. I will remain doubtful that the poster is included in any of the WACF albums until I see more definitive proof that it is included.

Davidmk5, marcb and Swordsandchains like this.
  12. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Following up on my post from earlier today (July 4th), I saw a new post on the same Facebook page that says that the new Walmart reissue of Women And Children First INCLUDES THE DAVID LEE ROTH POSTER. This is for copies that come as part of the complete set of six albums (in the sleeve) or for copies purchased separately.

Awesome news! I wonder if this is the first time since back in the 1980s that WACF includes the poster. And I wonder how good the poster looks, as it is most likely printed based on a scan of an original poster.

Swordsandchains likes this.
  13. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

Interesting. I'll totally bite on this if it hits the sub-$100 range. I assume there will eventually be a non-Walmart version, sans the backstage passes?

14. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    mur, Jspmike, black sheriff and 2 others like this.
  15. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I didn't realize MegaDeth was a double LP. Is the second LP new songs or is it bonus material? Dystopia sounds awful on vinyl but this one might sound better if they spread out the album over 2 LP's instead of a single record.

16. davers

davers Forum Resident

Rhino previously issued a box of the first six Van Halen albums around the time the vinyl was remastered.

17. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Wasn’t it just 3 albums (6LPs)...VH1, 1984, and Tokyo Dome?

Biittner Hair Flyin' and davers like this.
  18. davers

davers Forum Resident

My bad and thanks for the correction...I inadvertantly assumed the 6-LP listing was referring to the first six albums. Cheers.

marcb likes this.
  19. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Following up on my following up post, I received my Van Halen vinyl box set today. My thoughts:

(1) I really like the sturdy, thick cardboard sleeve that holds the albums, with a big, shiny, silver Van Halen logo on the front side, the set title on the spine, and images of the six albums, with the album tracks, on the back side.

(2) The set comes in a custom-sized shipping box that has a huge Van Halen logo on one side and a smaller VH logo on the other side!!! Also, the shipping box is longer than the length/width of the box set so that the set's corners are better-protected during transit.

(3) The albums that come in this box set are NOT in shrink wrap, so they also do not include the Walmart hype stickers that are shown on each individual album's image on Walmart's website.

(4) My copy of Women And Children First had the David Lee Roth poster inside! (Question: Do the individually-sold copies, which come in shrink wrap, also have the poster?) However, while I don't have an original poster to compare it to, I think that the poster I received today isn't nearly as crisp as the original one is/was. Not surprising, as I assume the new posters are based off of a scan of an old/original poster.

(5) While I would rather have these Walmart exclusives in colored vinyl instead of coming with replica backstage passes, the passes do look pretty nice. They're apparently based on actual tour dates (each one lists a concert date and venue), but unfortunately for me, none of the ones for the first five albums are for dates that I attended. (I didn't see any of the 1984 tour shows.)

For those who have also received this box set, what are your thoughts?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  20. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Was at a store yesterday and saw the Stones gold "Hot Rocks". $49 . Yeesh. Had to pass for now.

marcb and JasonA like this.
  21. scottabs

scottabs Senior Member

Yeah, this whole "Walmart Color Vinyl" thread really doesn't belong under "Coupons, Discounts & Sales" as it meets none of those conditions.....:confused:

Humongous Donkey and Boomy like this.
  22. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I have on occasion randomly scanned things to see if they are discounted, kind of like how the Target "sale" is going on now. I didn't even think about doing that at Walmart recently, though. If there were time to kill I'm sure it could be worth a check :)

23. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Walmart recently removed all their in store price scanners, at least at my local store. Not sure if scanning with the Walmart app would show clearance prices; Target's app doesn't show the clearance prices for the current titles that ring up on clearance.

Boomy likes this.
  24. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Maybe that's why I haven't done it in a while!

JasonA likes this.
  25. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Walmart app does show the discount. In June all Christmas records were $11 just like last year but when I checked the other day they were back to regular price.

Boomy, Tjazz and JasonA like this.