David Bowie - Heroes 2017 fixed remaster

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dtuck90, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karmaman

karmaman Forum Resident

whatever. you've found your label. they **** up, you say it's right.

BlueSpeedway likes this.
  2. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Some people aren't happy they'll be saving in the future. :D

Play your RCA's!

klockwerk likes this.
  3. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

I finally listened to the Parlophone "Heroes" album (skipping "My Way", of course. I'm just not ready to wade into that.) about a week ago.

A previous (paraphrased) quote of kman's did seem to apply: "You know all those things you're hearing that you never heard before? It's because they've all been pushed up." There did seem to be a certain monotony setting in, with everything seeming to be mixed to be of equal importance, which, as the TV ad says, "is not how any of this works". Still... no fatigue or headache, and I thought the whole thing a very good experience. (Disclaimer: upfront I went -8dB overall, and did some minor bass-killing on the EQ before hearing a note.)

But finally, at "Secret Life" (last friggin' song) they seemed to get it together - they actually seemed to NOT be trying to make white noise of it all: clear, excellent separation, dynamic sounding, and then snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, weirdly, at the end, the bass seemed to be taking on that "smeared" effect that some people noticed on much of Parlophone's "Scary Monsters".

[shrug]

8 out of 10, I guess. I know that sounds overly generous, but I keep in mind that these things are hyped and priced so one will anticipate a 10 out of 10. Disclaimer #2: this was not an album engraved on my brain at the time. Although, being in Philly, I'm guessing I heard more of it on AOR radio than listeners in many other markets, even though it wasn't a "hit". I didn't feel the need to buy it for years.

4. Solace

Solace Forum Resident

Is the vinyl any better?

5. Mo0g

Mo0g Forum Resident

Listening through headphones, to the vinyl, to be honest the volume drop is barely noticeable to me. If I hadn't known about the issue I doubt it would have registered.

6. Solace

Solace Forum Resident

But how does it compare to the CD? Is there a noticable improvement in general?

7. Limopard

Limopard National Dex #143

Qobuz now has the 2017 remasters of the separately available albums Low, Heroes, Lodger (both versions) and Scary Monsters. Heroes containes the fixed version of the title track. Dropped the 2 € for the single track, since they offered me a very generous compensation for the faulty one.

8. rrowley

rrowley Forum Resident

Not on Qobuz uk.Still just ANCIANT(inc error) and the '99's

9. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

I'm not trying to turn this into a stealth ANCIANT thread, but I notice that HDTracks is offering "Scary Monsters (2017 remastered edition)" as a standalone Hi-res download today (Saturday 11/25) in both 96/24 and 192/24. That not only breaks a land-speed record for individual title drops from the Bowie Parlophone boxes (<2 months!), it's obviously way out of sequence.

Has Parlophone decided that it's not only "Heroes" which is not ready for prime time?? (And that "Scary Monsters" is?)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  10. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Just saw that yesterday a person put "David Bowie's bathtub" into German "Ebay Kleinanzeigen". The - supposedly - original bathtub from Bowie's flat at Hauptstraße 154 has an asking price of 750€.

And here it is:

[​IMG]

Not sure if this is going to sell..

11. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Is it Romy Haag certified ? Btw, always thought people said it was #155

Mlle. Aurora and Neonbeam like this.
  12. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

What, the adress? Woah, but of course 155. I just copied it from the offer. That's a good one, trying to cash in yet giving the wrong adress:righton:

I wonder if this is the same person that was trying to sell the sofa from that flat a couple of years ago. Wonder what became of the tv:evil:

13. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway Curated Iconic Half-Speed Picture Disc

Oh oh oh oh.

Little china bath.

RTW and klockwerk like this.
  14. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

15. mdm08033 likes this.
  16. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

I figured I'd hit this thread since you got the other. ;)

FourWalledWorld and Mazzy like this.
  17. dumaisaudio

dumaisaudio Forum Resident

Glad to see this actually happened in a timely manner (given vinyl press times, two months is a fairly quick turnaround). Hopefully I can find the file somewhere. Is there anywhere that one can buy a hi-res version of just the "Heroes" track?

18. Krivers

Krivers Forum Resident

I emailed Warners in the link above several days and still no response. Has anyone actually gotten a response from them on time table for shipping out replacement CDs? Thx.

19. Mo0g

Mo0g Forum Resident

Not me, not even an acknowledgement .

sdrandr likes this.
  20. SCOTT1234

SCOTT1234 Senior Member

21. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

Hmm. I just emailed them. They must be really busy since they have a crap ton of discs to replace. Thanks by the way for the link.

22. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

I bet that e-mail inbox has 10,000 unread messages right now

pablorkcz likes this.
  23. Onrd

Onrd I am not a number

I got no response from them either.

24. No response either.Will give them a month to get replacement to me before I contact them again.

25. rrowley

rrowley Forum Resident

Thanks for your message.

We can confirm that we have today arranged for a replacement item to be sent to you, under the following reference number: warnersnotraystaff£&$£&$

Deliveries to UK can take between 1-4 working days.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

EU
    Warner Music Customer Service

still aint on quobuz.Any kind hdtracks customers out there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.