Online vinyl records sources

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Vagante, Aug 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vagante

Vagante Forum Resident Thread Starter

It's been awhile since I purchased any new vinyl online. The last time I did it was with music direct and they were not really easy to deal with. I want to give a gift to a friend and so I'm trying to find some really good online resources for vinyl. I would rather deal with a company that has a good size inventory . Suggestions anyone?

2. MARTHY

MARTHY Forum Resident

Plaid Room Records. I have purchased about a dozen albums from them and the vinyl comes packaged ready to withstand a Fort Knox breakin! They have helped me out with a special request on one occasion, too. My understanding is the store is run by two guys who absolutely love records. They are also "home" to the Colemine Records label (I have a CR record on preorder right now!), and they also have an analog recording studio and a music venue. You won't be disappointed. Sign up for their email list, which typically comes out every Thursday evening in preparation for Friday releases. I do want to note, however, that they don't always post for preorders; when I spoke to the owner about that he said that it became too much of a hassle, not knowing how many titles they would receive, then having to do refunds if they oversold, etc. etc.

cwitt1980, Bigdz68 and maui jim like this.
  3. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

in 2021?? good luck with that.

Depends on what genre you're interested in, but Amazon is the obvious scale option.
    Otherwise, the specialty resellers like Music Direct, Elusive Disc, Acoustic Sounds offer
    excellent service and ship very well packed.

4. mikedifr0923

mikedifr0923 Forum Resident

What issue did you have with Music Direct? They are probably one of the best online companies I have dealt with

5. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

Man I still miss Soundstagedirect…

6. pet_soundsations

pet_soundsations Well-Known Member

Audiophile/Specialty pressings:
    • Acoustic Sounds
    • Music Direct
    • Elusive Disc
    Mass produced releases, including Blue Note Tone Poet/Classic Series:
    • Amazon. Some may cringe but you can’t beat the prices, extremely fast shipping and incredibly liberal/easy return process

mikedifr0923 likes this.
  7. Wow

Wow New Member

I tried to buy a gift certificate for from plaid room records yesterday. They told me I had to do it online. I did everything online it told me to do and at the end it sent me a 6 digit code to plug into their reply. I did and the code did not work. I contacted customer support and they have never even repled to my email or phone call. Very poor service for the first time I try to do business with them.

8. Vagante

Vagante Forum Resident Thread Starter

Update. I received a very sincere apology from one of the owners with a very long explanation of events that took place. I decided to call them in give them a second chance. Very helpful and received my gift certificate that I purchased for friend. We will see how his experience is and if good I will purchase something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.