$9.77 for CDs at Circuit City

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

For Sunday and Monday only. $13.99 or less, are on sale for $9.77 at Circuit City.

I picked up John Lennon's WORKING CLASS HERO : THE DEFINITIVE (2-CD) for $9.77.

Noticed they had some 3-CD box sets of George Strait priced at $13.99 (so they were on sale for $9.77). The box sets had 3 individual full length albums of George Strait. There was also a Reba McEntire 3-CD with similar packaging.

There were 4 SACD Rolling Stones CDs.

2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I saw this ad on TV, ad the bottom it specifically mentioned "NO DualDisc, SACD or DVD-A" however YMMV at an actual store.

3. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

I've been able to pick up some SACD Hybrids at previous sales in the past in spite of this disclaimer including some of the Stones and Dylan discs.
    No way any of the cashiers will have any clue if it looks like a CD. I'll check out the sale tomorrow to (hopefully) pick up some more Stones hybrids. Thanks for the heads up! :righton:

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I bought Stones hybrid SACDs on this sale in past years. Of course, with the Stones hybrids having been replaced with regular CDs, the stock of the former could be nil.

5. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

I picked up Get Yer Ya Yas Out SACD and Animals Retrospective SACD. The only Stones title missing in SACD form was Let It Bleed. Even saw a Jackson Browne CD+DVD Audio package for 20.99 (not part of the sale, of course), and picked up a pre-Made In China Monster digital cable that was in the back of all the later-manufactured ones. 84.77 spent. Yikes!

6. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

No Stones SACD discs at my local CC (pathetic music selection..), so I went to Best Buy with the ad and picked up "...Satanic Majesties Request".
    Thanks!

7. Tjazz

I was looking for that Animal SACD, but the local CC didn't have it.

You can get the Jackson Browne CD/DVD at yourmusic for $11.98 w/free shipping.

8. Tjazz

Shoot, I should have tried to get the sale at Best Buy. (didn't think would honor it) :mad:

9. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

I already have it. Bought it on the day of release at BB for 19.99. Got the last one apparently. Never saw it there again.

Most Best Buy's won't. That guy got lucky. Usually they call the other store to verify the item is in stock.

10. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

I already have it. Bought it on the day of release at BB for 19.99. Got the last one apparently. Never saw it there again.

Most Best Buy's won't. That guy got lucky. Usually they call the other store to verify the item is in stock.

Maybe people working at stores on memorial day are lazy. My ID wasn't requested for my close to $100 purchase at CC today. And it's not like they recognized me either. I had never been to that CC before.

11. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

I do this every time CC has one of their $9.97 sales and the 2 BB's I go to have never called to verify. Man - that sucks that they call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.