Disney plays PC again...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by indy mike, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

Boobs at Disney play PC again...

My wife brought home an article from Wednesday's USA Today about Disney doing a little PC history alteration. Apparently, the female characters in the Pixar 1989 short Knickknack (being shown with Finding Nemo) have had some breast reduction surgery... I'll scan and try to post the article (USA Today - Wednesday, June 11, 2003, Page 3-D)...

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Here's the link

It is so silly. It makes one kind of hope that the Disney/Pixar renewal doesn't happen. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at the conversation where this subject was first broached, though.

Regards,

3. indy mike

Thanks Ken - I didn't size it right the first time, and once I got it small enough it was too small print-wise to read. This sorta stuff is asinine - I've got a dvd coming with the naughty banned 11 Warner Brothers toons onnit (heh, heh) and I'm gonna watch it over and over and over - I'm a big boy and can decide FOR MYSELF if I should or shouldn't see something. Will I show that naughty 11 toon Warner's disc to my 2 year old son? Nope, he can watch it when he's old enough to understand the history involved/context they were made in, but at least he'll be able to make his own judgement concerning them...

Later in the day addition: I shouldn't have mentioned the Banned 11 dvd above - several folks have asked who/what/where can I get one questions. I don't have a burner to help you out, haven't gotten the disc yet and can't verify if the quality is there or not, or even if my Sony DVD player will read the durned thing (I checked at a site devoted to such things and they say it should play). What I will do for my fellow toonheads is suggest this:

Go to Toon Zone, then head for the Termite Terrace Trading Site; do a search for the banned 11 Warner toons; you'll probably find a thread started by indy mike (dat's me!!!) - start asking questions like I did once you register and I predict my friend with the stuff will get in touch with you, too; ALSO, make sure your player can play back the type of disc he uses, as not all home burned dvds work in all players - mysterious information perhaps, but that makes it more fun - the joy is in the journey, not the actual arrival... ;)

4. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

Although I would generally agree and vehemently oppose censorship of classic films, in this particular case there is an argument that one does not know that he or she will be seeing KNICKKNACK when you go to see FINDING NEMO at the theater -- it was a complete surprise to me when it came on the screen.

Jay

5. indy mike

Think of this - if Roger Rabbit got a theatrical re-release, would Disney give her a breast reduction? That would kinda kill Jessica Rabbit's appeal; I've never seen Knickknack, but I get the feeling it loses something when its original artwork got changed...

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

When did we lose our Artistic Freedom? What is going on????:confused: :realmad:
    Why do some have Carte Blanc?

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

When I saw "Nemo" last week, I thought the "girls" looked awfully flat-chested in the short. I may have to dig out my old LD with the cartoon on it to refresh my memory of the mammaries!

8. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

What's next? Breast reduction for the Bimbettes from BEAUTY AND THE BEAST?:confused: What's the biggie here? How anal is Disney determined to get.? First FANTASIA, then ROGER RABBIT, no SOTS....SHEESH!!!:(

ED:cool:

9. Irwin Mainway

Irwin Mainway Senior Member

Carte Blanc? That's a brilliant pun!

[​IMG]

:D :D :D :D

10. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

My hero!!! Great pic of the man of a thousand voices!!!

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Pure Genius!!!:laugh: :thumbsup: ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.