Fun with Paypal

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by markshan, Feb 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Somehow I'm glad that I'm not the only one with that problem.^^
    Since the log-in verification option(s) changed a week ago I went 'cold turkey' with Ebay and Discogs. (Amazon still works for me as I chose direct debit there.)
    The last mobile phone I owned was back in my Berlin days, I still have it but it stopped working years ago.
    Nope, I don't buy a new phone just because PayPal made it harder to log-in now.
    What I hope is, if more people start complaining, maybe PayPal will change the log-in option back to what it was pre-November times...

2. OE3

OE3 Senior Member

Can one or a few of our resident eBay knowledge base titans help me?

Just received today 4/19/2021 my first ever Unauthorized Transaction claim from PayPal re an eBay sale, dated 11/30/2020. I responded to the dispute in Paypal Resolution Center, uploading—as I kept all receipts—a USPS register receipt; Int'l Customs slip; and a screen grab of USPS Tracking indicating date and time of delivery in France. Ah yes, France. This is an International sale. Will I still be covered by PayPal Seller Protection even if I am sending out of U.S.A.?
    What do you think? I have never been through this. Feeling anxious. Obviously this is a scam. I left positive feedback immediately upon posting the parcel. Buyer did not leave feedback nor did he make contact with me at any time re sale of boxed set.

Thx in advance for yr thoughts and opinions.

3. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Was this an "item not received" claim? Not sure what "Unauthorized Transaction" means in this case. What was unauthorized about the transaction?

And more important, did PP side with you and all the good documentation you provided?

4. joachim.ritter

joachim.ritter Senior Member

I had this recently. Buyer claimed that he didn't authorize the Paypal payment.

5. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I had one of those years ago, a $500 eBay item after 4 or 5 months. At the time eBay required signature tracking for any item over $250 (which I bought) and they gave me my money back under what they then called Chargeback Protection. Don't know if that's still the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.