MTV's Headbangers Ball 1987-1994

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by t-man 54, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t-man 54

t-man 54 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have been collecting some of the Headbangers ball episodes from 1987 to 1994 for a few years now
    and i was wondering if there are any complete episode lists out there on the net besides the usual trader lists ?
    I have yet to find a complete list of all the shows from that time frame.
    I was thinking about maybe TV Guide archives, but all i can find are Tv Guide cover archives only.
    Talked with a trader a while ago and he knew somebody that worked for MTV for a while and they said
    there are no more Headbangers Ball master tapes in their vault from that era. All they saved were a few interviews for future use such as Guns and Roses , Aerosmith etc. The shows were either chopped up or discarded. Any info would be appreciated.

LitHum05 likes this.
  2. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Riki is very active on Twitter. If you are at a roadblock, maybe contact him directly?

My teenage years were spent watching the Ball on Saturdays and 120 minutes on Sundays.

3. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Can't help you with online resources, what's left of it (after banging) is all in the head. Beavis and Butthead used clips to rate coolness and they had a good banging technique themselves...

t-man 54 and Grand_Ennui like this.
  4. Thwacko

Thwacko Forum Resident

I loved that show so much. I wish I would have thought to tape and save episodes when I was in high school. I'm not aware of any online resources, unfortunately.

t-man 54 likes this.
  5. t-man 54

t-man 54 Forum Resident Thread Starter

PH416156 likes this.
  6. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Cool website. MTV Classic should use it as a guide for their Metal blocks. a lot of videos I haven't seen yet on that show.

t-man 54 likes this.
  7. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I was just talking about my Headbangers Ball days with my son the other night... I'd go to Wawa and grab a 44oz Diet Coke, bag of munchos, a roast beef and swiss on rye with mayo & mustard and a 20oz black coffee and sit for three hours on a Saturday night... good times.

Seems kinda lame after putting it into print, but man would I love to go back and re-live one of those nights again.

8. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

And now a tender moment from Headbangers Ball...
    [​IMG]

t-man 54 likes this.
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

This is one of my favorites.

t-man 54 likes this.
  10. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I was part of an archiving project back in 1995 for MTV, but we didn't discard anything, all of the VJ segments were still there. That being said, by now they likely did purge many things in their libraries. You would need to contact someone who recorded the finished shows off air, MTV (themselves) didn't regularly keep airchecks of programs, they were recycled.

t-man 54 likes this.
  11. Thwacko

Thwacko Forum Resident

Mine was a can of Mountain Dew and a bag of Andy Capp Hot Fries.

Under no circumstances would I consume that on a Saturday night now, because I know I would wake up around 2 AM with the most severe case of acid reflux of my life.

Paul R, Gordon Crisp and t-man 54 like this.
  12. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I miss that show. The one on MTV 2 that came out around 2004 or so never really was the same for me.

t-man 54 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.