Rectify TV show

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ScorpSik, May 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScorpSik

ScorpSik Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I just wanted to thank the folks on here for the Rectify thread. I can't reply to it for some reason, but I bought the DVDs based on what I read here, and love it.
    I am mid-way in season 3, and have been totally absorbed in the show from ep 1. I think Tawney is my favourite character...I really want her to get stronger and actually find the happiness she deserves.

Rectify is about a guy, Daniel, who spent 20 years on death row and was released on a technicality - well, new DNA evidence. It follows his struggle to reintegrate into the real world

2. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

Great show

ScorpSik likes this.
  3. Honey Bunches of Sadness

Honey Bunches of Sadness Forum Resident

Yes, excellent show. It's a bit of a slow burn, but never dragged for me. Very character-driven. Although there's enough plot and mystery to pull you along.

The character arc of Ted Jr was particularly remarkable. He goes from selfish, insensitive, insecure jerk to someone you can almost sympathize with. And without the writers using any cheap tricks like throwing in a plot device to have him do something heroic. This show has tons of richly drawn characters.

ScorpSik likes this.
  4. Jim Pattison

Jim Pattison Forum Resident

Rectify is an amazing show. It has a truly great ensemble cast playing some of the most interesting, flawed characters that I’ve encountered in a long time. I binge-watched all four seasons fairly recently, and didn’t want it to end.

kanakaris likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.