Target Exclusive LP clearance

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

Some stores have clearance prices for their Exclusive LPs. Varies, if at all per store. You can use this link to check their inventory prices.

https://brickseek.com/products/?search=target exclusive vinyl

check for product "Target Exclusive vinyl", click on a picture of album you want, then put your zip code in box, then click "Show Offers" a list of local Target store will appear with their prices should be listed.

Clearance prices vary. Some $5 - $11.88.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    Fred Dender, mrjinks, uzn007 and 10 others like this.
  2. BigDave

BigDave Forum Resident

I used brickseek (though not exactly the way you did) earlier tonight and lucked into the perfect store, the vast majority of vinyl was tucked at the bottom of the shelf and there was zero signage that anything was on clearance. So unless you were looking for it, almost no chance someone would randomly think they were on sale.

Was able to pick-up

AC/DC: Highway To Hell - $6.88
    Beach Boys: Sounds Of Summer (Orange Marble) - $7.48
    Billie Eilish: When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go (Glow In The Dark) - $6.88
    Evanescence: Fallen (Silver) - $5.38
    Kendrick Lamar: good kid, m.A.A.d City (Clear) - $5.38
    Meatloaf: Bat Out Of Hell (Red & Black Swirl) - $6.58
    Nirvana: Nevermind (Silver) - $7.48

There were others I didn't check (had to bring them up to the price scanner) or didn't want. Some non-exclusives were also scanning at least 50% off, like I saw a copy of the Beatles: White Album (Stereo) that was 50% off.

A fair amount of exclusives were still regular price as well.

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Nice!!!

4. Tjazz

My selections haven't been as good.
    Nirvana : MTV unplugged (purple) $7.48
    Amy Winehouse : Back To Black (pink) $11.88

I'd like to find;
    Billie Eilish
    Evanescence
    Abba
    Nirvana : Nevermind

There's a Beatles Abbey Road w/T-shirt for $17.88. I might pick it up.

hutlock and superstar19 like this.
  5. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Pressing quality on these are fine i take it right? I mean at these prices its tough to go wrong?

6. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Guess I’ll be spending my morning on brickseek and driving to targets
    Naturally the one close has nothing

tommy-thewho likes this.
  7. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

None of the stores around me have deals. However, if you live in Carmel, IN (suburb of Indianapolis) looks like your stores has a few of these on clearance!

8. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I'm not sure, seems like they are just phasing stuff out at some stores.

Twinsfan007 likes this.
  9. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Thats what it looks like to me as well. The store I'm at only has 1 marked at 50% (Born in the USA)

hutlock likes this.
  10. Tjazz

Yeah, I'm visiting someone, because they are near a Target that has some clearance LPs. :laugh:

black sheriff and hutlock like this.
  11. BigDave

BigDave Forum Resident

After doing a bit of research last night, I went back to the Target I was at yesterday to pick up a few more things

Was able to get:

Billie Eilish: Don't Smile At Me (Red) _ $5.38
    Go-Go's: Greatest Hits (Sea Glass) - $6.58
    John Williams: Stars Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker (Blue) - $12.48
    Lana Del Ray: Born To Die (Red) - $6.58
    N.W.A.: Straight Outta Compton - $7.48
    Stevie Wonder: Number Ones (Red) - $8.38
    Various Artist: Stax Number Ones (Red/White) - $10.98

That should be all for me unless more stores start doing this.

If anyone is in the Chicago area, especially North Side, these were all found at the one at 2209 Howard St in Evanston

There were still more copies of some of these and the ones I got before, along with others I didn't buy for one reason or another.

Tjazz, superstar19, JasonA and 2 others like this.
  12. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

hendrix smash hits was $9.99 for me
    rolling stones honk $9.99
    And on a whim i got the deluxe appetite for destruction (not the target edition) for $25. not half off but i figured why not i dont have it

a lot of what is mentioned here as on clearance is full price at the target i checked so its a huge YMMV

superstar19 and Boomy like this.
  13. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Out of curiosity, did you try scanning these first yourself before bringing them to the counter? That what I tried and everything I checked were showing full price. I'm off to try a few more near me (FYI - I'm in the western suburbs).

14. BigDave

BigDave Forum Resident

I had verified the prices last night on brickseek, so I was confident they were actually on sale, but then I still did scan them in-store to make sure as well.

So I would use brickseek at your starting point because if it doesn't show the sale price there (or it shows it, but it's out of stock), it won't be any different in the store.

If you want the UPC from any of the ones I bought last night or today, I'm happy to list them to make brickseek a little easier.

15. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Got it now. You're totally right.- that Born in the USA title I referenced earlier shows as 50% in the brickseek site, but showing full price online for that store.

I'm guessing the Evanston store might be phasing out vinyl since so many titles are on at that location that aren't in the others.

Thanks for the heads up!!

BigDave likes this.
  16. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

My Target had only one on discount: BB Sounds of Summer. I passed for $7.68. NOT!

Myke likes this.
  17. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Possibly. But this isn't the first time they've had clearances on vinyl.
    Heck, I bought 4 or 5 Beatles LPs a few years back for about $7 apiece. The titles vary from store to store and the discounts will too.

Tjazz, hutlock and kouzie like this.
  18. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Yeah, I've found LPs on clearance at my local Target before. Last year I got Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Greatest Hits for about $10.

hutlock likes this.
  19. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Right. I remember getting a "Joshua Tree" remaster there on clearance a few years back for like 12 bucks.

hutlock and The Elephant Man like this.
  20. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I picked up several LPs on clearance at Target today.

Marvin Gaye - #1's Purple Translucent Vinyl - $6.58
    The Temptations - #1's Blue Translucent Vinyl - $10.98
    Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA 180G - $12.98
    The Beatles - Abbey Road Bundle Anniversary Edition w/Large T-Shirt - $17.98

21. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

Interested in the Number 1’s albums, hopefully they’re not cheap cash-in “CDs pressed to vinyl”.

hutlock likes this.
  22. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

So far I've picked up Amy Winehouse and Billie Ellish for my daughter. Using the Target card gives another 5% on top of that. So far I'm out the door for $14 with tax. Found a few other stores not too far that I'll hit first thing in the morning.

23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

only one store near me had any stock on-sale, so i made out with about 11 LPs for $75. not bad at all. was hoping to grab the taylor swift and billie eilish, but no dice here!

Tjazz and kouzie like this.
  24. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Both of the ones I bought sounded good overall. The Marvin Gaye LP was really quiet, but the Temptations LP was a tad noisy at times.

25. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

Oof, struck out at 3 stores. Two of them didn’t sell music at all, the third had a music section reduced to an aisle end cap with only about 10 records. Really sad.

Brickseek claimed that these locations had the records I wanted, and instead I wasted an hour and a half driving all over LA. Bummer.