What is your favorite Sennheiser headphones?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Penny24, Feb 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penny24

Penny24 Forum Resident Thread Starter

They've produced many favorites in the audiophile community. (58x, 6xx, 660s, 800s, etc.)

Which one is your favorite? And why? :)

2. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

PX-100 (original version) because I listen on headphones when mobile (away from the hifi), and they sound great for a small on-ear model.

3. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

HE90 - rarity

[​IMG]

MGW and MonkeyMan like this.
  4. Hazelmullins

Hazelmullins Forum Resident

I have those as well and they truly are great. I wish they still made them. I recently replaced the padding , but always worried the plug end of the chord will break.

I also have HD 650s , but the px-100s get more all around use

ukrules likes this.
  5. jeffmackwood

jeffmackwood Forum Resident

My first pair of Senns was the HD 414.

I think they were only my second pair of headphones (after the Pioneer SE-505), although there might have been a pair of Koss something-or-other around then as well.

I sold the Senns and used the proceeds to get a pair of AKG K-240 - which I still have.

So being the first, and only, Senns, I'd have to say the HD 414 was my favourite.

Jeff

Blair G. likes this.
  6. MMan1

MMan1 Forum Resident

I have HD400, HD410, White HD 414, regular HD 414, HD 420, HD430, HD 410 SL, HD 414 SL, HD420SL that I use at my PC, like right now. I can't afford the new ones - the high end stuff - but I love my HD424 - my go to headphones with the silver caps like most of them have.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  7. drobo

drobo Forum Resident

HD 414

8. Jamsterdammer

Jamsterdammer The Great CD in the Sky

9. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I still have mine, put a new set of foam pads on them last week, and played them from the first time in at least 15 (maybe 20) years.
    They sound OK, light in the bass, but for what I'll use them for they're fine for now.
    Though I do have a hankering for something better

10. holden4th

holden4th Forum Resident

I've got/had IE8, IE80, Momentum 2s, Hd 540 reference gold, HD 580, HD 6XX

The HD580s win hands down.

11. Bungo

Bungo Forum Resident

I've owned the HD-600, HD-650, and PX-100. Of these, the HD-600 is the best by far. I didn't care for the HD-650, which had a mid-bass bump that made it sound constipated, for want of a better word.

The PX-100 gets honorable mention for bang for the buck. I no longer have a portable device with a headphone jack, so it doesn't get used anymore, which is just as well as the pads are all disintegrating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.