Acoustic Sounds Will Stop Offering Super Hi-Rez Downloads

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by OhNotHimAgain, Dec 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. llvhhui

llvhhui Well-Known Member

That's very disappointing. I added a bunch to wish list and was getting ready to download and saw this on their site. They do have some rare DSD downloads I wish I had grabbed before this happened.

wwright, the_MUKe and mikeyt like this.
  2. wwright

wwright Forum Resident

Agreed. I was hoping to grab the Creedence DSD download collection in full.

the_MUKe and Crimson Witch like this.
  3. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

I have bought downloads from them and IO wish they still offered them but one of their employees told me they wanted to concentrate on selling records.

I really hope HDtracks and iTunes keep going for a long time as they<re almost the only way for me to buy downloads.

4. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

If you subscribe to Qobuz, you get a discount for hi Rez download purchases.

5. Can only help the used SACD market.

mikeyt likes this.
  6. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

That's true, but you need to subscribe to their higher tier (+/- $250 per year) rather than their standard tier for $100 less. Their download store is accessible to anyone, so you can gauge the savings to see if you'll buy enough to cover the extra $100.

7. llvhhui

llvhhui Well-Known Member

I like how they usually specify the source of their DSD downloads so you know what you are getting. Not that it makes a big difference but it's just something nice to know.

8. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

^This. :(

Wondering where those are/will be available?

9. It appears the only answer is "in places that can't be mentioned here." Which is a problem for those of us who, even if we could easily find it, don't like having pirated material in our collection.

I do wish that Acoustic Sounds had chosen to keep up a limited download store of their own DSD masterings that aren't available anyplace else (legally), but it seems that "it is what it is."

jpelg likes this.
  10. davidlai

davidlai Member

I guess I'm glad I was able to purchase the DSD download of Time Out, but I have to admit, it's quite expensive! So much so that I don't know if I want to purchase the SACD version since I already paid so much money for the DSD audio... Goodness...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.