Eric Clapton Slowhand Surround

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stillrockin, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stillrockin

stillrockin Forum Resident Thread Starter

Can anyone give a quick bit of advice. Is the surround mix on the 35th anniversary dvd of Slowhand the same as the mix on the hybrid sacd?

2. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

It is. The SACD has better mastering on the surround mix though. The DVD is more compressed.

3. stillrockin

stillrockin Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thank you - that helps me make some buying decisions.

4. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Anyone know how to change this SACD to 2.0 listening? I can’t seem to pull up a menu with the Oppo remote.

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Give me a sec...

Well, on my Oppo 103, I simply used the audio button on the remote.

Damn, I forgot about the bottom end on the 5.1...:yikes:

Bill Mac likes this.
  6. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Thanks, I saw that button and wasn't sure what it did. I'll try it. I guess many (all?) of the SACD's don't have the option to toggle from 5.1 to 2.0 on the disc menu.

7. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

I bought this SACD with really no expectations at all. It's wonderful. I love listening to a song you've heard a million times for 30 years (Cocaine) and it's like you're hearing it for the first time. Granted, for me 99% of my previous encounters have been on the radio.

8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

With 129 SACD titles, I have no idea, and committed none to memory. Also, if there's a multichannel option, that's all I listen to.

9. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Slowhand is an excellent album even more so in 5.1. Some of the songs certainly were overplayed back in the day on radio. The Core and Peaches and Diesel are my favorite tracks from the album. If one wants to hear the best version (IMO) of Cocaine listen to the original version of the song written by J. J. Cale from the Troubadour album.

J.J. Cale - Troubadour (Full Album)

BeatlesObsessive and Jam757 like this.
  10. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

The audio button on Oppo remotes can also be used to change audio modes on Blu-ray, DVD and DVD-A discs. Love that button :)!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.