Grateful Dead Dave’s Picks 2019 Subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dtuck90, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Excellent pick for the last one in 2019. Way better than I expected being the last one of the year.

2. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

3. Nice to read that.

Erik B. and PoptopiaDave like this.
  4. Jesus. It’s much worse than I imagined. 8 months and no end in sight. That explains the problems with DP, Woodstock boxes and the like. Unreal.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

So, Tegan and Sara care more about their fans than the Grateful Dead.

Dead.net is still charging cards immediately and advertising Christmas order deadlines when they fully well know that they can't possibly meet any of those deadlines for a large portion of the orders they receive. Not to mention the fact that they are already months behind on orders.

6. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

just saw him, a great show.

7. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

I've lost a lot of respect for the Dead organisation this past year, and that includes Lemieux.

8. Nightswimmer

Nightswimmer Forum Resident

How do you know that they are "months behind on orders"? I am asking, because I received my stuff this year in a pretty timely fashion.

Matthew Tate and US Blues like this.
  9. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Because I ordered something from them in September and it still hasn’t shipped. Plus, if you look at the comments on their Facebook page and comment section of their website there are many people waiting for orders for months.

10. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I just submitted a request to cancel my big Black Friday order yesterday and today (coincidentally) they shipped one item off the order. Guess they are still having problems w the Halloween shirts. I ordered several and the coffee mug and it looks like the mug shipped as of this morning.

Doggiedogma likes this.
  11. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

They shipped me the Saint Of Circumstance LP set almost 6 weeks late... then shipped another one this week.

12. Jackstraw78

Jackstraw78 Forum Resident

The phrase "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while" comes to mind.

13. adam_777

adam_777 Forum Resident

Their Xmas deadlines are absolutely hilarious. I ordered the May '77 box during their 20% off sale a couple days before the international deadline and it hasnt even shipped yet. But I was expecting that, I figured I wouldn't see it for months because of all the craziness going on. 20% was too good to pass up though. On the plus side, my Dave's Picks have been arriving relatively quickly, within about 2 weeks of others on here receiving their's so I've had no complaints there.

14. I'd bet the subscriptions are distributed through some other means as there seems to have been relatively little disruption in those throughout this cluster f***. I've had regular orders through the store placed around Hallowwen delayed and ultimately cancelled, though. I won't be purchasing anything else from them until there's evidence the situation has been fixed.

AlienRendel and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

I ordered the July '78 box during the 20% off sale with absolutely no expectations of when it will arrive. Probably March 2020 the rate they are going!

Doggiedogma and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. adam_777

adam_777 Forum Resident

Ya that's funny you say that I was actually considering getting this and July '78 at the same time and take advantage of the sale, but I thought I might find myself considerably more annoyed by the delays if I had $300 dollars worth of material out there drifting around in the ether with no discernible delivery date as opposed to just $150 haha.

Matthew Tate and SJR like this.
  18. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

I thought the same with the May '77 box! If they had their act together I would have bought both and would be sitting here listening to them by now.

ODShowtime, ARK and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. yeah, because Lemieux has anything to do with it. Ok boomer.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

Ok boomer my ass. He's probably younger than you.

21. bzfgt

bzfgt The Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

OK Carton

22. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

They're months behind on my order at this point! In case that means anything.

The thing is this warehouse/distribution thing is a big deal and goes way beyond dead.net. A friend of mine working in the industry is losing sales at his store because they can't ship them the orders they promise. This isn't just a Dick's Picks 32 going to my house type frustration, this is entire new releases at a record store. They didn't receive the new WHO album when it came out. He said that customers come in every Friday looking for new releases and there's always something they have to say "we didn't get it!"

It's not cool, but it is a case of what the industry is, what companies think of music and how they don't care about small factions of consumers because there is new "more important" business or business models to focus on.

23. Further

Further Forum Resident

In some cases, we can’t even get what we already paid for.

I contacted them about not receiving my Dave’s Picks 32 and even mentioned that if they were unable to provide a replacement, I would accept partial refund on my account to cover it. No response, so I guess I am out that money now with nothing to show for it.

This is exactly why I cancelled my subscription this year. I refuse to take the gamble on whether I will receive what I paid for after they take my money in good faith. Refusal to communicate just adds insult to injury.

24. Nightswimmer

Nightswimmer Forum Resident

It does and thanks for explaining. Since my post, I learned that there is apparently a major distribution issue in the US (but that does not affect me directly). I just hope that this will be resolved soon, it sounds pretty dramatic.

25. Jackstraw78

Jackstraw78 Forum Resident

I would dispute the transaction with whatever payment you used. I'm about to do so if my next call to dead.net doesn't result in either a refund or a tracking number. Looks like I'll have to get mine from ebay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.