I Must Say...Tidal’s Blowin’ My Mind!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Khorn, May 24, 2020.

1. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I'm glad to hear you're not having any issues with Tidal today.

It's not the internet connection as I have a strong WiFi signal and have no issues accessing the internet with my iPhone 6s or with my laptop. It could possibly be streaming issues with my phone due to it's age. I'm not going go out and buy a new iPhone just so Tidal will possibly perform better. I've never used a music streaming service before so this is all new to me. But it's not a good start or encouraging in anyway IMO.

It appears to me that I'm not the only one having issues with Tidal by the many posts in this thread stating just that.

2. old45s

old45s MP3 FREE ZONE

I love Tidal.
    Getting all my music in HIFI QUALITY and currently on the 30 day free trial. :biglaugh:
    I do notice when looking for 60's and 70's music in particular, there are many "re-recorded" tracks by some artists instead of the original. In some cases they tell you, in most cases they don't.
    Probably occurring more on Compilations.
    On Albums, many times you get the choice of the original or the remastered.

The only problem I've experienced was the Deep Purple track "ANTHEM"... (LP B.O.T.)
    On both the version off the original album, and the "master" quality version I get a 2 - 3 second squealing sound during the intro when playing back my streamed "copy".

I love all the Stones choices i.e. mono and stereo versions, UK and US versions, LP and Single versions, original and remastered versions... just like a WELL STOCKED record shop on your Laptop screen!

Tim 2 and audiomixer like this.
  3. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I cancelled as well due to well due to many issues with my IPhone 6s. I was considering getting a new Fiio player that are marketing the fact they include the app for Tidal but I’ve been reading lots of negative reviews on Amazon about Tidal technical issues.

Bill Mac likes this.
  4. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I’m wondering if it’s the 6S. After a while, a phone cannot handle newer iOS updates, and apps stop being backwards compatible after a while. Wondering if this is the case with Tidal.

Bill Mac likes this.
  5. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

That could very well be it. Good news is Tidal has been working much better the last few days. The subscription is still valid till the end of the billing cycle. If it continues to be good I might sign back up when I break down and buy a new iPhone.

audiomixer likes this.
  6. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

It’s probably an issue with the iPhone 6s as it works great on my iPad Pro. Frustrating as I’ve had no issues with Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon Music Unlimited on IPhone 6s.

Still, all those bad reviews for the all the new Fiio players with built in Tidal are a problem.

7. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Just learned today by playing around with it that Tidal has quite a bit of information about each album.
    Some good reading while one's listening. :righton:

8. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Glad I don't use my phone with Tidal, every things 100% here.

9. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

I will say I do find more glitches with Tidal than with Qobuz in fact Qobuz is virtually glitch free. With Tidal I will from time to time get the "The audio track you selected is not available" message.

dcarwin likes this.
  10. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

For weeks now, Tidal has been perfect!
    I have it on a classical guitar playlist & not a glitch in 8 hours of listening.

Tim 2 and Bill Mac like this.
  11. Stereosound

Stereosound Forum Resident

I found the same thing was happening a little while before I canceled Tidal as well as when trying to switch tracks or scroll through a song. Haven’t had any issues like that with Qobuz either.

12. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I much prefer Amazon Music HD (just launched in Canada) over Tidal. It’s more basic than Tidal but it’s more in my price range. $129 CAN per year ($95 US). It works great on iPhone 6 that Tidal kept having issues with.

13. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

I've been listening for 2-1/2 years without a glitch, but i don't use a phone as a control unit. A cheap tablet works better in every way.

14. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

How is the music selection on Amazon ?

15. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

So far it seems to be about the same as Apple Music and Tidal.

Tim 2 likes this.
  16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Some plus' some minus' depending on the artist. Amazon for some reason does have a LOT of questionable grey market releases, I have no idea how they can get away with that.

17. inaudible

inaudible Forum Resident

Just got Tidal after using Apple Music for years. I like artist discovery better on Tidal but there are quite a few times they won't have albums that Apple does, not often do I find the reverse is true. Also would like to add albums from personal files that aren't streaming

18. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

This is why I subscribe to both.

19. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Does anyone else have the following problem with the TIDAL desktop app? These are recent issues.

- When I play my first album or playlist of the day, it starts ok, the second song starts playing gets interrupted and then starts over. This error occurs every day and happens only once.
    - Click play on an album in my collection (Albums), the first song starts playing then goes silent, I then have to restart by either going into album details to hit play or vice versa.

Would reset app data address of these issues? clearing the cache has no effect.

20. arem

arem Forum Resident

I've had a problem recently with the desktop app where when I play a song it plays the first few seconds then goes silent. I have to restart the app to make it work properly. Reported the bug, hopefully they will fix it soon. They seem to release updates pretty often.

Deuce66 likes this.
  21. inaudible

inaudible Forum Resident

Just happened to me

22. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Tidal 4 months for $2 offer is back.

23. Prophetzong

Prophetzong Forum Resident

Probably a needle drop with non-fill. :laugh:

24. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Is anyone getting albums and playlists added to their collections unsolicited? It started happening this week and it's really pissing me off! Easy to get rid of them but why is this happening all of the sudden? Thought it might be a setting but all I could find was a suggestion to block specific artists. But if this happens without my knowledge how will I know to block the artist that's ending up in my collection.

25. SonicCzar

SonicCzar Forum Resident

Are you talking about the lists you have compiled? Or the "My Mixes" compiled by Tidal, based on your listening. Those get new songs added all the time by Tidal, but I haven't seen anything added to my personally compiled lists.