New Hawkwind (1970-1974) Box Set Coming in March

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by frank3si, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

Pink Fairies were not on Greasy Trucker Party, the original cd contained all the acts from the original album, it appears that the one in this set is only Hawkwind

2. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

ordered what a price

3. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

4. stingraex2000

stingraex2000 Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up folks, I just ordered too. Even though it sounds like only the 3 studio albums are new remasters. Still a Great deal.

5. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Four albums.

stingraex2000 likes this.
  6. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

You are right! The Xenon Codex is an awesome record. Fortunately, I bought it when it first came out and still have it.

7. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Thanks !
    worth it to me for GTP alone !

:goodie:

8. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Would love to see more sets with this kind of a) inclusion and b) aggressive pricing...

Hawkwind is definitely underappreciated here in North America.

Mr. H likes this.
  9. jacethecrowl

jacethecrowl Forum Resident

I'm only a casual fan so forgive my ignorance: Is there a reason why this set only covers through 1974? Seems to me it would make more sense to include 1975's "Warrior On the Edge of Time" -- the last to feature Lemmy and the end of their United Artists tenure. Am I missing something?

10. 70 - 74 were the years covered by their United Artist contract consequently they don't own the rights to Warrior at The Edge of Time (1975).

11. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

I just ordered, too. I recently bought a used Space Ritual 2-disc set, but it was defective. So I only own one title in this box (In Search of Space). Which makes this a no-brainer.

12. jacethecrowl

Thanks. Still a bit confused as this one was originally released on UA, but I know these things can get convoluted. To me, it would be a neater set to end the period covered in '75.

13. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

A deluxe 2CD/1DVD edition of "Warrior On The Edge Of Time" is currently available on Esoteric/Atomhenge.

14. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

There is already a remastered 2X CD + DVD set for Warrior At The Edge of Time that kicked off this Hawkwind reissue campaign in 2013 that include a flat transfer, Steven Wilson remixes, and a 5.1 surround mix with bonus tracks.

15. jacethecrowl

Cool. Got it. Didn't realize this was all part of the same reissue campaign.

16. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

The 2013 "Warrior On The Edge Of Time" reissue and this upcoming 2015 box set are of no relation as far as a reissue campaign. Just good timing is what I would call it.

17. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

18. Jimi Bat

Jimi Bat Forum Resident

Any idea who is doing the mastering on this?

19. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

There's some comments down at the bottom of the article that mention a couple names.

20. Plexihead

Plexihead Well-Known Member

Peter Mew's name is associated with this, thought he retired, guess not.

21. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

Which most likely means they just re-used the masterings he already did for these from years ago. It's a budget set -- I can't imagine they didn't just use existing digital files to create these.

22. Glennza

Glennza Londoner, lost in the back of beyond

23. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

It's currently $30.78 shipped to the U.S. from Amazon Germany, cheaper than HDWOW.

If you ordered in mid-February from them, it was only 20.64 Euros, which is currently about $21.82 shipped.

24. Peter's remastering will be present on the Space Ritual Alive and 1999 party disks (not sure about Greasy Truckers), but the studio records are all new remasters which means no Peter Mew as he retired from EMI a few years ago.

25. If this is the same mastering of 'Space Ritual' being used as the one I have on CD, and I think it might be, then it is absolutely drenched in no-noise. This is one of the most un-loved CD's in my collection as it sounds dead. Shame really, as the music is great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.