The Vinyl Community on YouTube

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jon9091, Feb 18, 2019.

1. vudicus

vudicus Forum Resident

I like Mr. Mayo, he has a lot of good content.
    I especially like his record store and Flea market videos.

2. PoetryOnPlastic

PoetryOnPlastic Forum Reedmaker

For those that like Punk/Metal/Hardcore, I had a really great talk with Noted & Archived and Vinyl Guru that just went up:

3. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

Did something a little different this time. Decided to feature a couple of modern progressive rock records.

As always any new subscribers very welcome :)

4. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

Here's the latest :)

MikeInFla likes this.
  5. AllAboutAlbums

AllAboutAlbums Well-Known Member

Hello -

My father recently started a YouTube channel. He has a lot of music-collecting knowledge, and I think he’s doing a great job! I hope you check him out (and maybe even like/subscribe!) It would mean a lot to him!

MartyTem, apesfan, Danswift and 3 others like this.
  6. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

New video is up with a quick rundown of some White Album pressings I own :)

7. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

There are basically three or four channels I watch, 45RPM Audiophile, Mazzy, Chris Propfe and The In Groove. Sometimes I watch Melinda Murphy. I like her approach and she’s very open. She had a good one recently about grading.

8. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

Here's my latest :)

9. CraigC

CraigC Live It Up

Cool to see Mayo get a mention. He's local so I run into him a lot at Infinity Records.

vudicus likes this.
  10. Malinky

Malinky Almost a Gentleman.

Lucky you! Ask him why he`s not on the forum.

11. Macman

Macman Senior Member

My two favourite channels are by Mazzy and 45 RPM Audiophile, the German guy with the gorgeous (a word he uses a lot) hifi system and pockets deep enough apparently to buy every audiophile reissue ever released. His mailman must have a hernia. :laugh: I'm giving some thought to starting a channel with a friend of mine, but we'll see. I might be too private to open myself up like that.

ted321, Yayastone, RussTCB and 3 others like this.
  12. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

His vinyl budget (45RPM) apparently has no bottom....must be nice, his collection must be worth a small fortune.

Macman and RussTCB like this.
  13. Macman

Macman Senior Member

It's awe-inspiring, and he seems like a great guy too. His system looks like an art installation. It's good to live vicariously occasionally.

RussTCB and Deuce66 like this.
  14. AllAboutAlbums

He’s at it again!

Some of you know already my father started a YouTube channel. For those that don’t, he’s a true audiophile with over 50 years of vinyl collecting and knowledge to share. He has an ‘unknown album of the week’ in each video. This is his latest one, I hope you all like it! Subscribers always welcome!!

Xulio likes this.
  15. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

New video. As always subs, likes & comments appreciated :)

16. killerkris

killerkris Well-Known Member

I like this channel....

17. Driver8

Driver8 Forum Resident

I found the Vinyl Community of YouTube a few years ago. I was looking for ways to clean dirty records and found "OddBoxTopper." I enjoyed watching him show the albums he found at thrift stores and started exploring other YouTube Channels. He still makes videos, though he has slowed down a bit. I enjoyed watching "Channel 33RPM" and "AudioPhileLaws." Both had different and enjoyable approaches to talking about the music they love. "AudiophileLaws" seems to have stopped making videos, but I still watch "Channel 33RPM"

During the pandemic, I watched more and more videos and have a list of a few favorites (many already mentioned):

Norman "Mazzy" Maslov - huge collection, vast knowledge, and often talks about where he was/what was going on in his life when he bought or enjoyed an album.
    Melinda Murphy - I enjoy her style - also talks about the connection she has to the music that she buys.
    The Omaha Introvert - Big power-pop/jangle pop fan.
    Noble Records - This guy shows extremely rare albums.
    Bob Bradley - He's been doing some A/B comparisons of Blue Note recordings which has been cool.
    DereckVon - Showcases an eclectic collection and has a vast musical knowledge.

I think what I like best about all of these channels is that for these folks, the music comes first.

RussTCB and Macman like this.
  18. Leepal

Leepal Forum Resident

I'm subscribed to that channel....I'll admit I'm always thinking how much money it would take to get all those records!

Macman likes this.
  19. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

I just received some records from a company he recommended. He was right on the mark.

20. Driver8

Driver8 Forum Resident

Just found a new channel tonight:
    lovell andrew - vast collection, great collection, shares his love of music with viewers. Good stuff

lazydawg58 likes this.
  21. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

Here's our latest, attempting to answer the questions we all get asked :)

22. karl.dyer

karl.dyer Forum Resident

He is a member here, but hasn't posted in some time.

23. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

Our latest was published a few days ago. As usual, any new subscribers likes or comments always welcome :)

24. AllAboutAlbums

New video is out! As always, likes and subs appreciated. He is getting in the groove...so to speak!

25. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

New video is up, this time we're talking about bootlegs. Any new subscribers, likes and comments always welcome :)

Neal likes this.