What's the deal with Rhino UK?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by normanr, Feb 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. normanr

normanr Forum Resident Thread Starter

Apologies is this has been discussed before but I couldn't find a thread. Whenever someone here recommends a Rhino release that interests me I check it out on the Rhino web site, but because I'm in the UK the link takes me to the UK store and it seems to be a completely different stock list from the main web site. For example the Rhino web site is currently promoting a Donny Hathaway Collection in purple vinyl, but Rhino UK doesn't list any Donny Hathaway albums at all. Likewise the Rhino site advertises the 2021 reissue of There's No Place Like America Today but if you put 'Curtis Mayfield' into the UK Rhino shop search field it finds Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division and a David Bowie T-shirt - but nothing by Curtis.

I know these albums are often (not always) available here through other outlets but I just wondered why Rhino pretends otherwise.

2. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

3. normanr

normanr Forum Resident Thread Starter

The 'Dig!' site is branded with Warners' logo and copyright WMIS so is it a Warner Music subsidiary or a third party? It's a weird set-up when the releases are listed on the Rhino site but the links take you to a store that doesn't sell them.

Incidentally, I see this has been moved into Marketplace Discussions. Sorry if I put it in the wrong forum originally but other discussions about record labels are in the Music forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.