Amazon DE (Germany) What To Do If You Have A Problem

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by hodgo, Nov 30, 2014.

1. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff Thread Starter

Due to their excellent prices that beat most of our home Amazon companies, more and more of us in the English Speaking world are buying from Amazon DE.

After having a problem myself with the new Bruce Springsteen Vinyl box, I thought it worthwhile to post a guide on how to contact them in English............

"Part One"

1. On The Amazon DE main page Click the Box "Hilfe" as shown

Page 1.png

2. Scroll To the bottom of the next page, type "Contact" in the box and press "Los"

Page 2.png

3. Click "English Help Pages"

Page 3.png

4. Click "Contact Us"

Page 4.png

5. Log In

Page 5.png

See "Part Two"..............

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    Luisboa, hvbias, Simon A and 7 others like this.
  2. hodgo

"Part Two"..........

6. Follow The instructions below exactly as shown on the screenshot

Page 6.png

7. Type your message "IN ENGLISH"!

If you would like to speak to them via phone, leave your contact telephone number and request that they do this, ask them to have their English Speaking Department contact you.

Page 7.png

I have also been told that if you contact your local Amazon via phone, you can request that "They" whilst you hold the line, contact Amazon DE for you and ask for someone in the English speaking department to talk you, they can then transfer you over.

This is Monday to Friday only, and sometimes you get someone who will not do this, BUT they can and should!

Below are some local Amazon contact centre telephone numbers.

Amazon UK
    Phone Number 0800 496 1081

Amazon.COM
    Phone Number 866-216-1072

Amazon AU
    Phone Number 1-206-266-2992

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  3. hodgo

I might add that using the methods above I got to speak directly with someone in "The English Speaking Department", this person arranged for a replacement item to be sent out to me, he also followed this up with E Mail correspondence updates All In English including a "Return Label".

My replacement item according to the correspondence I received should be with me hopefully by Thursday this week.

4. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

Thanks for sharing this info! I only occasionally order stuff from Amazon.de but it's just a matter of time before a problem arises and I need to reach out for service.

Cheers!

Simon A and hodgo like this.
  5. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Great post and tips Graham. Cheers. When buying from Amazon.de, I use Google Chrome's page translator. Has worked well so far.

6. robtodd

robtodd Forum Resident

Brilliant! Thanks very much for this.

hodgo likes this.
  7. hodgo

Although I use Firefox as my browser, I also use Google translate which is really handy, so much so I was able to work out how get to speak on the phone with an Amazon DE rep, therefore being able to get a replacement sent out rather than having to send it back for refund, no way did I want to end up paying double via Amazon UK, so I thought I'd share my experience.

Simon A, robtodd and MerseyBeatle like this.
  8. Marko K

Marko K Forum Resident

Yes, Google Chrome is also the way to go.

9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

What a timely thread for me. They just shipped me a Blu ray of Lonely Are The Brave ! Marked as Watched. Thanks @hodgo / Graham.

:tiphat:

10. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Be careful a lot of their Blu-rays and DVD's are region B and 2 respectfully, you need all region playback for them.

11. Myke

It's region free, and recommended to me here on the forum, which then led me to more research to be absolutely sure it was region free.
    I've been dealing with out-of-country online purchases since 2007, so I've already formed a routine, but thanks.

12. eelkiller

Well I have a lost package, so I thank @hodgo for the step by step method for contacting them. :righton:

Oh I forgot the rant. :rant:

hodgo likes this.
  13. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

There's been a lot of criticism of our educational system in the Netherlands, but I'm glad they taught me a few foreign languages way back in the 1950s/1960s :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    mopper, abor1g, Simon A and 2 others like this.
  14. Myke

@hodgo , Well Graham, I just used this, step by step, and got a response within 5 minutes !?!?

My previously mentioned Blu ray was expected by the 25th, so since it still haven't arrived by the 26th, I thought I'd seek advice on my next move. They asked me to wait until the 3rd, which I'm happy to do, of course.

Thanks again, for providing all of us with this info. Keeping it in my Watched threads, makes this a genuine tool.

15. hodgo

Thanks Mike!

It's great to hear this thread is helpful to you guys, it took me the best part of 3 frustrating days to find someone from Amazon who was prepared to help me cross the language barrier, after ringing both Amazon DE & Amazon UK for help, I eventually found someone by ringing Amazon UK for the umpteenth time, I got through to a call centre in Manilla in the Philippines, where I found a young lady who was only too happy to help, she talked me through the above steps, so once I put the phone down I immediately took screen shots of all the pages I'd opened so I didn't forget the process, only then did I contact Amazon DE via these means, I asked for someone to call me over the phone, within minutes the phone rang and I got my issue sorted via the Amazon DE English speaking department.

Anyhow, I figured as more of us are ordering from Amazon DE, if I was having problems at some point others would too, so it made sense to share this info, being a mod I discussed it with the other guys and it was agreed it was a good idea to sticky it for a while.

Simon A and eelkiller like this.
  16. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

What was your original problem with the Bruce Springsteen box?

17. hodgo

"Born to Run" - Side 2, "Meeting Across The River" scuffed in the middle and noisy for about 30 seconds, then on "Jungleland" the last minute of the song was scuffed and very noisy and distorted.

"Darkness" - "Racing In The Street", scuffed with the last 30 seconds again being noisy and distorted

18. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Thanks. I've been thinking about buying this but I'm always worried about shipping especially from overseas and then having to return it.

19. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

Great thread!
    So did they have you return the entire box set? I once ordered a box set with a similar problem but they were only willing to refund me $18 to ship back when it was going to cost me double that using a traceable method. Did you run into that aspect?

20. hodgo

Funny you mention this, yes I had to return the faulty box but because it's Amazon DE and I'm in the UK there's no pre paid label available for returns, I found out from our local post office that it would cost me £58 GBP (75 Euro) to return it, so I contacted Amazon DE by the above means explaining this situation and that I couldn't afford that amount and asked them to ring me, within 10 minutes the phone rang, it was their English speaking dept with a nice bloke who told me that my account had now been credited with 75 euro's so that I could return the item.... Excellent Service, but there's no way they made any money on my purchase in fact they must have lost heavily!

Simon A and eelkiller like this.
  21. eelkiller

But you may deal with them again I assume and the loss now may mean profits in the future if you are happy with the way they handled things. I also had to return a set for replacement costing over $50 and they covered every penny. Great customer service.

22. hodgo

Yes Great customer service! I had two faulty records, I wanted a replacement rather than a refund due to the fact I paid half the price UK retailers were selling it at, I now have a perfect box of records and paid half of what I would have over here in the UK, so I'm one very happy customer indeed! :)

Simon A and Myke like this.
  23. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Thanks for posting this. I had to return a cd to them last year and basically went through this same process. It worked. I got my refund. Incidentally I also had a complaint (non delivery) to lodge with Amazon.jp last year and they were incredibly prompt in returning my email, and my money!

24. Equine Guest

Equine Guest Forum Resident

I still have a damaged copy of Yes's latest album on blue vinyl. I gave up on attempting to contact someone. Kudos to you for sticking to it.

25. ssula

ssula New Member

I was able to work out how get to speak on the phone with an Amazon DE rep, therefore being able to get a replacement sent out rather than having to send it back for refund