Pink Floyd The Later Years - Specul/ation (Pre-release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DylanPeggin, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Agreed. And any other video has to be better than the bootlegs and original broadcasts.

2. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

I for one am not expecting night-and-day. But better video and better audio will make it worthwhile.

3. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

I wonder if they will carry on with a similar style of the early years boxset and art work i guess it depends what we get in the boxset most likely not as much as the early years

andrewskyDE likes this.
  4. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

It could be a black designed box with a rainbow/spectrum line to resemble the Dark Side motif, although this would fit better to the 1973-1983 periods.

zinan and Philrock90 like this.
  5. Philrock90

Hopefully we get that after unless their really isnt much for them to be released from that time

6. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Or
    Maybe it will be in the form of 13 semi trucks or whatever it was.

7. Ozric

Ozric Senior Member

As far as content for this box set, it is anybody's guess, It is really up to Gilmour and company as to what they want to do. As much as I would love a restored version of Delicate Sound, Gilmour has never shown any love for it, so I am not holding my breath on this. The Re-Mixed version of AMLOR that has been talked about would be nice. I think we have all the unused material from TDB on the Endless River. Audio & Video from other AMLOR & TBD tour dates would be nice. The whole thing really depends on how much money and time they choose to spend on it. Delicate Sound Restoration would be a major project. Just releasing archival material and unreleased bits would be relatively cheap & easy. Until they announce the content, everything is dream at the moment, some of us may be disappointed in the end. I hope Gilmour gives all the material the attention it deserves.

8. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

My main reason for getting this would be re-imagined AMLOR (More Mason and Wright) the Carriera (or however it is spelled) soundtrack and or any other unreleased stuff. I already have anything that has been released and really do not need to buy it twice. Also i almost never watch music on video so i wont need that. (I know i differ from most here in that respect)

Luisboa likes this.
  9. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

Not sure comparisons can be made in packaging to the EY set as it has volumes by year not albums so volumes for every year between 86 to 2014 might not be realistic.Volumes per albums might be more what we see,but who knows.A smaller black box that matches TEYs but says Later years would fit in with a theme .

10. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

They are not doing things "cheap and easy". Lana Topham is once again spearheading the video restoration and her work has always been top notch. The video quality of the footage from TEY is generally outstanding and a highlight of that release. Since this all is post-Waters material I'm sure that Andy Jackson will be working on the audio, I've loved all of his multi-channel mixes and work to date. If this box is meant to be the definitive (not complete) representation from that time period it wouldn't make any sense to just release archival material and unreleased bits. Ultimately, I think that fans will be pretty happy with the contents of this box set and impressed with the amount of work that went into it. No guesswork needed.

St. Troy, kenanna, tedhead and 19 others like this.
  11. Philrock90

It will be cool to get live stuff that was rarely played on the tours hopefully

RangerXT, andrewskyDE and rontoon like this.
  12. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

And the (previously only on cassette released) 'Soundscape' from p.u.l.s.e should be part of that set.

13. ries

ries Forum Resident

Love that track, they played it just before the concert on the DB tour, and also I believe on the MLOR tour, it was great to set the mood.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  14. audiotom

audiotom I can not hear a single sound as you scream

The middle years 72-77

15. floydfan2410

floydfan2410 Forum Resident

Actually you can also find the Soundscape on the p.u.l.s.e DVD if you watch the picture slideshow from the bonus content ;)

16. mastaflatch

mastaflatch God's Only Nose

I wonder if the two songs (Fat Old Sun and Great Gig in the Sky) performed at Steve O'Rourke's funeral will be included in this set... Doubt it but that is the last time the 3-man Floyd officially performed if I'm not mistaken. Scratch that - it was at the Barbican for the Madcap's Last Laugh in 2007.
    There's also Wish You Were Here with Billy Corgan at the R'n'R HOF induction.
    I'd really like to hear the songs that were made in 86 that were judged ''not floydian enough'' by the record company.

Runicen, andrewskyDE and rontoon like this.
  17. floydfan2410

Yes I would love to see last Pink Floyd performance from 2007!!
    Wish You Were Here with Billy Corgan is also to be found in the bonus section on the p.u.l.s.e DVD :) including his induction speech :)

18. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Yes, but unfortunately it's not the full one as on the cassette.

19. floydfan2410

Oh I did not know that. Then they should definitely include the whole thing :)

andrewskyDE, RangerXT and Kim Olesen like this.
  20. Josip

Josip Forum Resident

Or maybe even including David and/or Roger appearing with Nick Mason SOS at the Roundhouse in May 2019! :D

21. floydfan2410

Hell yes!! Please let that happen :D

RangerXT and drum_cas like this.
  22. bettsaj

bettsaj “I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing.”

The black box was a nod towards their old van they used to travel around in when they started out... The later years I think should be presented in a "Pink Floyd World Tour" type flight case box, as it was from 87 onwards they returned to touring on a big scale....... Something along the lines of this but as a box

[​IMG]

23. bettsaj

I want the soundscape from the 87 MLOR tour..... It's different to the PULSE one.... I've not heard it since I saw them at Wembley Stadium on the aforementioned tour. I just remember it went on for years and years.... And started to wind the audience up as it got louder and louder over around a half hour 40 minute time frame.... Lots of aircraft noises, running water and sheep bleating.... I don't remember any lawn mowers!

Simon A, RangerXT, Runicen and 2 others like this.
  24. bettsaj

The soundscape on the 87 tour was longer... And very different. I remember it lasted so long, I grew a beard waiting for the band to come on at Wembley

25. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

But we don’t even know if those preconcert soundscapes were the work of any if the band members. Might just as well be something they bought from an outside provider.

If they aren’t PF works, they should not be included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.