Rega Elicit R + Subwoofer question

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by talkingh, Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingh

talkingh Vibes Controller Thread Starter

ok so have a bowers and wilkins pvd1....have plugged into the back of my elicit r in the pre amp out via the rca sockets..is in a well ventelated room and nothing is on top of the amp...is causing the amp from what i can tell to get super hot and then cut out the sound. should the pvd1 to be causing this....any ideas

2. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

Did you fix the problem and how? I see many complaints of Elicit R overheating and activating the protection.

3. talkingh

sent it back...think is a fault in some....new one is perfect now....love it

Fishoutofwater and Echoes Myron like this.
  4. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

I love my Elicit-R too. Saw you have a nice Rega front end. It is a great system.

5. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

Are you satisfied with the amount of power offered?
    Do you like the inbuilt phono stage? Compared it with other standalone phono amps?
    Can you tell what happens with the pre-outs when "direct" input is engaged? Are the pre-outs still active so inserting an equalizer is possible?

6. talkingh

yeah power is great...i never get beyond 12 o'clock....it's deafening ....i use the rega aria pre-amp as i have an mc apheta cartridge

Echoes Myron likes this.
  7. talkingh

love it so much...analogue warmth and power too

Echoes Myron likes this.
  8. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Power is very satisfying.

The internal MM phono is respectable. At one point I was using it with an Exact 2 and it was detailed and spacious. Certainly can be bettered by higher price standalones, but it does the job fine.

I can't answer your other questions.

Overall the Elicit-R is a detailed, transparent, and dynamic amp. Pairs well with other Rega gear. Worth checking out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.