Sound Of Vinyl 25% Off Box Sets & Exclusive Vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Biittner Hair Flyin', Jul 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb Thread Starter

I received an email from Sound Of Vinyl today, saying "This week only, take 25% off all Box Sets and Exclusive records in our store."

Box Sets and Exclusives

hutlock likes this.
  2. MonkeyLizard

MonkeyLizard Forum Resident

“Sign up for our newsletter and get 20% off your first order”. Does anybody have the code?

If there even is a code... maybe you have to sign up?

3. cowboy72

cowboy72 Forum Resident

For anyone, since I’m not going to use it.
    SOV20OFF

mrjinks and MonkeyLizard like this.
  4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah, that’s the same code they send everyone but I’m not sure if it will stack on top of the other 25% off? If anyone finds out, please post info here!

5. Biittner Hair Flyin'

I just tried doing so in the cart, and it worked! So, the 25% off sale plus the 20% discount totals a 40% discount because the 20% off from using the code is applied to the discounted price, not the price before the 25% discount.

oldjollymon, hutlock and MonkeyLizard like this.
  6. hutlock

Awesome!!! Looks like I am going shopping!

Tjazz likes this.
  7. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Has anyone here ever dealt with customer service at The Sound of Vinyl? I just got an LP from them that has two huge gashes across one side, rendering it unplayable. If I email them a picture of the damage, will they send me a replacement? I don't want a refund, because I'd never be able to get the same discount on this particular LP.

8. oldjollymon

oldjollymon right channel den/left channel kitchen

Yeah, they are very responsive to damages & will usually make it right w/o any hassle. MUCH easier & quicker to deal w/ than uDiscover in my exp.

jason202 likes this.
  9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

which is odd since they're the same company.

oldjollymon likes this.
  10. hype

hype Forum Resident

What's funny and helps it make sense as being the same company is I have had the exact opposite experience. Both times I had to return something to SoV it was a pain but the 4-5 problems i've had from Udiscover they're super polite and just tell me to keep it every time and they either send out a new copy or give me a refund.

It is nice that both still do email customer service though as I strongly dislike having to deal with the chat or especially phone support. Target is another consistently great one for me through email which surprised me.

GentleSenator likes this.
  11. oldjollymon

Interesting. I find myself ordering from SoV more lately, due to their wider selection (carrying many other labels/new & old releases besides just Universal), plus they have been shipping super fast (unlike uDiscover). Either one can yield some good deals though, especially if you can time it right w/ stacking discounts.

hype likes this.
  12. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Thanks, I'm hoping this still holds true. I emailed them a photo of the damage, so hopefully they'll respond quickly and send out a replacement, hassle free.

oldjollymon likes this.
  13. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

And sure enough, just a few hours after I emailed them, I received a shipping notice on the replacement, as well as a printable return label.

hutlock and oldjollymon like this.
  14. oldjollymon

Good on ya! I actaully rec'd an order from them today & one of the LPs had a huge 5" corner crease, so I emailed & sent some pics, and then *NINE* minutes later I had an email confirmation for the replacement order. Gotta love that CS...:righton:

Strat-Mangler and jason202 like this.
  15. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Sound of Vinyl = Day
    uDiscover = Night

16. hutlock

30% off site wide with code HOLIDAY30 in case any of you lot still have spending money left.

17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

well i forced udiscover to refund me $18 so lets see what kind of damage i can do here...

Strat-Mangler and hutlock like this.
  18. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Didn't they recently have 30% off all prices (without a promo code to reduce them further)? Now their prices are "regular" prices, so the HOLIDAY30 code does the same thing as their prior 30% off all prices.

19. hutlock

Sounds about right. But hey, 30% off! Lol

Biittner Hair Flyin' likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.