The Vinyl Community on YouTube

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jon9091, Feb 18, 2019.

1. visolo

visolo Well-Known Member

Well the online communities are loaded with them.

lazydawg58 likes this.
  2. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

Thanks, just subbed back :)

lazydawg58 likes this.
  3. lazydawg58

lazydawg58 Know enough to know how much I don't know

I was referring to the vinyl community on You Tube. But I'm sure that there are tons of vinyl community channels I'm not familiar with and/or don't subscribe to. If you are watching channels that are monetized and have thousands of subs there are probably a lot more "hipsters", but if you are interacting with folks that make videos for fun and the love of music it is certainly less so. :righton: (not that there's anything wrong with hipsters)

troggy and RussTCB like this.
  4. PoetryOnPlastic

PoetryOnPlastic Forum Reedmaker

Now that's a word that gets thrown around in my comments section quite a bit...

lazydawg58 likes this.
  5. lazydawg58

which word?

6. jawaka1000

jawaka1000 Forum Resident

Circle !

7. lazydawg58

ie associates, friends, peer group

jawaka1000 likes this.
  8. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

Fifth-Chord likes this.
  9. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

Latest video is up. This time it's a run down of The Gold Experience. New video every Thursday :)

10. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

New video, this time it's the rare pressing of Guns N Roses - Live Era

Mazzy likes this.
  11. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

Latest video is up :)

Mazzy likes this.
  12. lazydawg58

It's time for the yearly Vinyl Tags in the Vinyl Community!

RussTCB likes this.
  13. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

New video! :)

14. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

I’m actually finding most of the vinyl YouTube channels are getting quite boring. There are a few exceptions. When the channel starts showing VCLT ( look it up) , I tune out and move on. Just boring waste of time. I like comparison videos, equipment reviews, etc.

15. lazydawg58

VCLT is a part of sharing within the community but I can see why you might not be interested in watching them if you aren't a part of the community. Sometimes we do get into a rut of just showing what we recently bought or found crate digging, but folks like to show and share. It's like when we were in elementary school and had, "show and tell". Surely you enjoyed show and tell? We do try and spice things up with threads and contests. There are a lot of contests going on right now. The yearly "vinyl tag" thread and all it's off shoots are also circulating and those can be interesting. I personally like doing themed videos like album reviews, looks at specific genres, etc. There is a lot out there including comparison videos and equipment reviews but for the actual "vinyl community" those tend not to be the focus and most participates aren't audiophiles, but more vinyl record enthusiasts. I hope you find enough on there to keep you interested and maybe you'll make some videos to share and connect with others with the same interests. Take care friend.

gkella and RussTCB like this.
  16. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

That's my thought: it's similar to show & tell. If people are interested, cool. If not, that's cool too :)

Personally, I've had a lot of people tell me for years that I should share my stuff on YouTube. So I've finally followed through on it. The response has been largely positively so far, so that's nice.

I hadn't even heard the term "VCLT" prior to today, but that seems like a cool idea, at least to me.

lazydawg58 likes this.
  17. lazydawg58

It took me a while to figure out what it was when I started. For those that don't know it stands for "Vinyl Community Love Train." It is simply when one person in the community sends a few records to another as a gift. The key is to do it unsolicited as an act of kindness / friendship. When someone sends you VCLT it would be inconsiderate not to share your present with the rest of the VC in the form of a video.

When Steve Carlson lost his entire collection of vinyl, books and memorabilia when those two dams burst in Michigan last year the community rallied to him and flooded him with LPs for several months. It was so extensive that we took to referring to it as SCLT!

gkella likes this.
  18. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

That's awesome. I love that the community stepped up and helped oit so much!

lazydawg58 likes this.
  19. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

New video! This time we're featuring a couple of rare pressings of Skid Row - Slave To The Grind.

Subscribe, like & comment :)

Scroller and lazydawg58 like this.
  20. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

Our first product review is up. We tested out a new cleaning product called vinylwipe.

As usual any new subscribers, likes & comments are very welcome :)

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  21. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Good video Russ. Thanks for sharing.

22. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Darryl

vudicus likes this.
  23. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

Thanks :) it was my first product review ever, so I wasn't quite sure how to go about it. Next week we'll get back to the rare and special pressings :)

24. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

I have been a member of the Vinyl Community since March of 2020.
    It is absolutely the most rewarding thing I have ever done in my 67 years on this earth.
    I have made so many friends from all over the world and it is a great way to share a passion for music.
    I am a guy sitting in my basement, retired, spending countless hours listening to music and in a few months have close to 400 subscribers.
    My videos are low budget, low key and I get anywhere from 50 to 100 views in a video.
    Which I think is awesome..
    One video I got 1000 views..
    I urge anyone reading through this thread to start a channel.
    The community is so supportive of new channels..

25. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

New video is up. We compared an original pressing of Pink Floyd Delicate Sound to Thunder to the recently released 3 LP remix /remaster.

Any new subscribers, views, comments and likes very much appreciated :)