uDiscover music is uDiscomforting

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Darkswan, Dec 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkswan

Darkswan Forum Resident Thread Starter

I ordered about 25 records from uDiscover Music service on Black Friday sale, including the new Beatles singles box set. It's been over 2 weeks now and I still have no updates at all from udiscover, other than a boilerplate reply to a message that said, we will notify when its shipped.

When I placed the order their website it "should ship by Dec 3rd". Its now 2 weeks later and no communication. Some of these records I ordered in November were going to be Christmas gifts, but I have to actually receive them first. I figured they would arrive by mid December since I ordered in November.

Nothing... not a word from uDiscover about any of the 25 records I ordered. This is kind of ruining the entire experience and its stressful not knowing if I need to get other gifts now. Has anyone else gotten their Black Friday shipments from uDiscover? Their lack of communications is most uDiscomforting.

2. Darkswan

"Please note that due to the order in which requests are addressed, sending multiple requests will result in a delayed response from our team."

Well I only sent one inquiry and basically uDiscover says if we don't reply don't bother us again because we'll only make it longer...

3. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

4. MARTHY

MARTHY Forum Resident

I'm guessing the delay is due to the huge Black Friday/holiday sale. One of the premier record stores out there, Plaid Room Records, took over a week and a half to ship my Black Friday album -- and you've ordered 25 of them from uDiscover! Were any of them preorders? Because, if so, they will hold the entire shipment until the preorder is released (unless you ordered the preorder separately). I ordered the "banned" Blind Faith album from uDiscover during the summer and it shipped in a very timely fashion. Again, I'm guessing your issue is the holiday sale, which is still going on.

5. Darkswan

So I got this response from uDiscover "Customer Care" today, and with it uDiscover pretty much ruined Christmas presents for many friends. They took my thousand dollars immediately but they can't deliver. Now seeking a credit card cancellation and this company can shove it!

Thanks for contacting us! Unfortunately, there has been a production delay regarding your order. We are so sorry for any disappointment or inconvenience this may cause! Your order is currently expected to ship by January 2020, and tracking information will be provided upon shipment.

In the meantime, please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your patience and support,
    Support + uMusic Customer Care

6. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Can you request that they do a partial shipment of what's in stock? Even if you have to pay a media-mail 2nd shipment (though with what you spent, they should do it for free), it would be worth it if you were relying on these as Xmas presents.

7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i'm in essentially the same situation as the OP and tried to request that today. they responded quickly but said they can't do that and thanked me for my continued patience with no guarantee as to when my order would actually ship. i sent them a polite yet direct response insisting they provide me with a better resolution which has yet to receive a response.

8. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

That's kind of bogus to not have enough flexibility meet a request like that, esp with the holidays imminent.

GentleSenator likes this.
  9. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I'm kind of confused at their business model...every time I've gone there to look for something on my list, they don't offer it. Some are more "esoteric" than others, but, that's the thing about record stores, right? The variety?

10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

just a curated/exclusive selection....that's apparently never in stock.

11. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

That's how I go about choosing music for the evening...not how I handle inventory.

12. Darkswan

Here's the latest nonsense from uDiscomfort,Maybe in 38 more days they say...
    and yes I've asked for separate shipping, but I cannot get an individual response from them, only mass boilerplate email replies to my requests to talk to a person.

Thank you for purchasing from uDiscover Music!

We are reaching out to you in regards to your order #UDISCxxxxx containing The Beatles' Singles Collection Box Set.

More units are on the way! Your order is looking like it will ship on or around January 24th. We understand that orders may be intended as holiday gifts and truly apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

Once your order ships, you'll receive a shipment confirmation email containing tracking information! Please feel free to reply to this email with any questions or concerns regarding your purchase.

Note: If your order contains multiple items, your order will ship once all items are available.

Sincerely,
    uDiscover Music

stinsojd likes this.
  13. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

My Beatles Singles Collection got to me from UDiscover in about a week, after ordering in late November. I guess I was lucky to get in on the initial "discount" sale when it was offered.

They're probably waiting for more copies of the singles set to arrive since their Black Friday sale. I did have to wait a few weeks for the banned "Blind Faith" 50th anniversary edition this past summer.......so it can take time occasionally to receive your order.

14. Darkswan

Its January 24th and uDiscover music still has my $700 and have NOT delivered the records I purchased on Black Friday sale last year. Is this legal? No updates, no communication.

After half a dozen emails to uDiscover, I only got and offer to cancel my entire order. but since they have exclusivity to distribute my Beatles records I didn't... A total abuse of their privilege. I feel like I've been bent over hard with this company. This is the WORST customer service experience I've ever had in buying music. Buyer beware.

Recordfan likes this.
  15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

weird. for all the hassle i experienced with my black friday order, at least customer service was responsive to my inquiries. they even gave me a 30% off coupon as an apology in addition to an offer to cancel backordered items. in the end, everything came about 6 weeks late.

Mike H. likes this.
  16. Antenociticus

Antenociticus Forum Resident

They certainly are different. I placed 3 separate orders for box sets 2-3 weeks ago. I ordered from them because they were offering 25% off plus free shipping and they also let you stack a coupon code for a further 20% off. The final prices were way under Amazon's.
    I received the first order today: 2 weeks after ordering -in the present Covid climate I can live with that.
    When I opened the box, I was greeted with three albums that I didn't order before I got to the (very well packed) box set that I did order. All 3 albums are 2 LP versions of "classics" and at UDiscover Music's list prices they would cost $80!
    I'm not sure if they were a gift or a mistake. There was no mention of them on the packing list. We'll see what happens tomorrow when my second order is due to arrive...
    Due to the customer service horror stories I've read, I'm not too bothered about trying to return the LPs, especially as the last time I tried to do that with UDiscover Music's Canadian arm (MusicVaultz), they said to just keep a box set they'd sent in error. I gave it to my brother in the UK.

Mike H. likes this.
  17. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

It's insane how bad this company is. No replies, no shipment info, no refund yet. How difficult can it be.

18. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Time to deal with your credit card company. Luckily you have that to fall back on.

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

what are you talking about?

20. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

Have paid with PayPal.

21. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

Did an order 1st of November on BlueNote store. Still didn't ship, don't get any answers, they don't reply when i ask for a cancellation and refund.
    Take a look at the reviews of the store online.

22. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

got it. i don't need to take a look at the reviews, as i've ordered tons from them in the last couple years and i visit this forum daily. there are like 6 ongoing threads on the universal online stores.

i know they're slow, and sometimes unreliable, but they've never NOT eventually responded to my inquiries. for the great deals i've gotten, i'm ultimately ok with it all.

RemyM likes this.
  23. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

Yeah. Wanting to have a Tone Poet (Clubhouse) which is sold out everywhere. I think they also ran out. Probably cheaper for me to buy it through Discogs. Wasn't thinking straight that evening i guess.

GentleSenator likes this.
  24. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Even easier than a CC. Just tell them what's going on and they'll give you a refund. I had an issue with a seller here and they promptly gave me a refund, then they went after the seller.

RemyM likes this.
  25. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

Just did today. Thanks. We'll see how it goes.

ScramMan2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.