Amazon vinyl subscription

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Jun 13, 2021.

1. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Now that I have a monthly reminder set up for myself (Google Calendar), I can check out what they have selected for me each month, before it ships. This time it's Exile on Main Street, which I already have on Japan SACD, so I don't see the need for this 2020 half-speed mastered 2xLP edition that has mixed reviews. Canceled that item and will see what they offer me on October 14, next month.

MikeInFla likes this.
  2. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

A classic! Even if all the stuff on it is considerably easier to find than it was when I bought it.

3. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

I'm still debating going in on this. Grabbing something like The Wall would be fantastic. Getting the live CCR (as much as I do want it) seems a little silly since it's less than a dollar more than the subscription fee. Everyone generally happy with this service?

4. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Still playing a game with canceling and resubbing depending on what they offer. CCR Chronicles was a pass but The Who Sell Out 2 LP stereo reissue with bonus tracks is a keeper. Came with auto rip of the 58 track 2021 deluxe edition too!

MikeInFla likes this.
  5. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Interesting that you can keep signing up and cancelling until you see something you really want. Nice that they send double LP's sometimes. Haven't tried it but there is nothing I really need right now.

6. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Just checked and The Who Sell Out 2xLP is the choice Amazon made for me for October.

At $24.99, it's a WHOPPING $0.51 below the current stand-alone sale price of $25.50.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KJR19B4/

This may be my last activity with this subscription, which started out tentative and has been getting less and less impressive as it seems they just keep cycling through the same 8-10 titles every month.

7. There is no way I let Amazon sell me their crappy or overstocked records...

8. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

The first month i did this i got Coltrane - Giant Steps 60th 2lp which saved me near $10 from purchasing it, so that was a good start. 2nd month they sent me Van Halen I and it cost 24.99 or i couldve bought it for $21.99 alone, so i sent it back and cancelled and havent looked back since

Davidmk5 likes this.
  9. crazywater

crazywater Dangerous Dreamer...

So I forgot to cancel the subscription and a shipment arrived yesterday. To my relief it was John Lennon Imagine 2LP Clear Vinyl. Not sure of the sound yet but at least it was one I do not have. And the price seems to be a good deal since outside the subscription service it would be $36.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  10. LoFiZee

LoFiZee New Member

Hi I'm new here. I've been reading this thread trying to see what others got. In my experience, the first month of my Amazon subscription, I got a major corner damaged London's Calling. I ended up replacing it. They gave me a replacement but still had minor corner bent. I kept it.

2nd one was John Lennon's Imagine 2LP "clear vinyl". I was happy about it and kept it without opening it first. Only to find out months later that it was not clear vinyl as it says on the cover. Even though I don't mind the black vinyl, I was still disappointed feeling like the whole subscription is just to give us the rejects and like many mentioned here, overstock.

3rd, I got Van Halen which is cheaper than the subscription, I returned it.

4th was CCR the 20 greatest hits, which I returned. Also it was cheaper than the subscription. I cancelled my subscription after that.

marcb and Patanoia like this.
  11. rockinbrian19

rockinbrian19 Well-Known Member

So I just got the UHQR Jimi Hendrix "Are You Experienced", so of course my Amazon selection of the month is the same. Only, this is the Music On Vinyl Mono release. Is this worth keeping as a companion to the UHQR?

12. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

The MOV is pissweak - not the same BG master as the USA.
    Avoid.

CraigVC, KDubATX and superstar19 like this.
  13. Flatbubba

Flatbubba Forum Resident

2 months in a row now I've received this email from Amazon: "We wanted to let you know that unfortunately we will not be able to send an item this month as Amazon Music did not have inventory to support due to popular demand. You will not be charged for this month's subscription, no action needed, and we apologize for the inconvenience." I've been signed up since the very beginning so I wonder if they place precedence on new signups.

Fred Dender likes this.
  14. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Yet another lame wrinkle from Amazon.

Flatbubba and Fred Dender like this.
  15. DemonPreyer

DemonPreyer Forum Resident

I don't know when it started but Amazon has divided their subscriptions into at least four. Pop, hip-hop, rock, and country with a price limit of $32.99 and under.

16. crazywater

crazywater Dangerous Dreamer...

They also have one called the "golden era" which is 60s and 70s.

17. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

They also have a new one called "JustTakeMyMoney" that offers limited edition boxed sets with a price limit of $450 and under.

JasonA and Fred Dender like this.
  18. Fred Dender

Fred Dender Forum Resident

Oooh! Link please!

hi_watt and MikeInFla like this.
  19. sicboy

sicboy Forum Resident

Has anyone been keeping up with this?

Edit: I just noticed this is in the "coupons" forum