eBay Activity: Slow or Dead?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Shoes1916, Sep 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm assuming we have eBay sellers here, and wanted to ask if even beyond the August/summer doldrums, their activity is exceptionally non-active?

There seem to be a number of factors creating a perfect storm of inactivity which is more and more reminsicent of the Summer of 2008, though I don't think we're quite there yet.

Am I nertz?

Are your sales sloooooooooooooow, or is it a "It's not you, it's me!" kind of situation?

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I was just thinking that August was pretty slow. But I thought it was just my stuff...

Shoes1916 likes this.
  3. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Summers are traditionally slower for media sales. But I've been doing pretty well the last two summers.

Shoes1916, Dave and tmtomh like this.
  4. Shoes1916

Augusts are generally slow across the board as people are traveling, moving, getting ready for school, etc., but this past August was the slowest I've seen in YEARS, and a strong contrast to last August in particular, and that's across a wide variety of offerings.

So it's not just you!

Are you seeing any kind of rebound now that September's here?

5. Shoes1916

Last summer was unusually strong, but this one...

Hoping to see a bit of a rebound through the end of the year! :)

6. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Media is very slow til october.

Shoes1916 likes this.
  7. Cody B

Cody B Whatever you do, take care of your shoes

I can confirm it's been extra slow this summer (at least in comparison to the past 5 years or so). Slower than a normal summer and clearly much slower than last summer.

Shoes1916 likes this.
  8. Shoes1916

DEFINITELY what I've been experiencing; it's not just slow in contrast to last year's strong market, but the slowest overall in years.

9. GruveRecords

GruveRecords Well-Known Member

August was a great month for me but that could be because I was selling through a nice shrinky 80s Metal collection. September has been pretty average so far. But it’s to be expected this time of year. You really just have to keep active with listing new stuff every day (if you do this full time) and sell higher demand items. The common rock stuff that I get endless copies of like Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits, Toto IV, Michael Jackson, Any Bowie records, etc all that stuff tends to move really quick any time of year if it’s in VG+ or better condition. Also, Q4 will start kicking in pretty soon. Better to get a lot of listing done this month.

also, I cross list everything to Discogs. However Discogs is only like 10% of my business because things tend to move a lot slower there than ebay. Still, it’s another way to move stuff.

Shoes1916 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.