Is ImportCds good enough?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MikeManaic61, Nov 22, 2017.

1. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

I did after posting my initial post. They replied saying it should eventually disappear. I'm not sure when eventually is as it's still there.

2. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I would not sweat it then, especially since mine still is showing up too. Maybe it just needs to filter through their refund system before it hits our personal accounts. They are a big company and seem to own a number of websites.

rnranimal likes this.
  3. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

DirectTou LLC sells under a few different company names on Amazon. You can see the company name when you click on the seller name to see their feedback. New feature on Amazon since 9/1/20.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  4. Futurecity

Futurecity Forum Resident

Does anyone know where Import CDs is located, what country...are they in the United States?

I'm thinking of buying a CD from them and if it says "New", can I expect to receive it in brand new and still sealed condition?

I put a CD in the shopping cart just to see what happens and it said the Standard Shipping was only $2.99...so would this be the slow Media Mail service or another shipping method?

Can I buy with confidence from them or any issues I might need to know about? Do you they usually ship very quickly after placing an order?

5. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

I have bought with them many times with complete confidence. I don’t think they are in the secondhand market.

Futurecity likes this.
  6. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

They sell under several different company names on Amazon, both new and used.
    • DIRECTTOU
    • Business Address:
      • 30 CORPORATE PARK STE 207
      • IRVINE
      • CA
      • 92606-5121
      • US
      $2.99 would be Media Mail.

Futurecity likes this.
  7. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Another name they fly under is i-Deals Store. So tell me how this seller can have multiple accounts on Amazon when it's not allowed. Stay one step ahead of the law?

• DIRECTTOU
    • Business Address:
      • 30 CORPORATE PARK STE 207
      • IRVINE
      • CA
      • 92606-5121
      • US

8. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

slipkid likes this.
  9. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

slipkid likes this.
  10. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

I agree.
    But I did purchase a Santana - Lotus quad SACD from DirectToU LLC via Discogs which arrived last week, and the plastic outer bag looked like it had been heavily used opened/reopened many times. The product inside looked great.

With items like this, it may have just been a return and can happen with any company that accepts returns. It was substantially cheaper than what they had listed on ImportCDs, so I did reach out to them and asked if it was the original bag. They replied very promptly and stated they couldn’t tell because of all their warehouses.

11. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

...just recently placed an order for 8 Coltrane CD’s and they only shipped 6. Now the other two are not listed on their site. I’ve been charged for the full order and I’m getting ZERO communication. Been sending an email per day and nothing. Tried looking for a phone number to call and zilch. WTF do I go now. I don’t like giving my hard earned money away.

12. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

I've had at least two similar situations with this company - there's a problem with the order, there's no indication that they plan to fix it, no response to email, no visible phone contact. This is precisely why I won't do business with them any more. If things go as they are supposed to, great. If anything unexpected happens, you're pretty much on your own. I may have the phone number that I called several years ago, but I don't know where it is. If I can find it I'll let you know.

13. Here are two numbers you can use :

1-949-225-1170

1-855-258-9650

slipkid, Dave, sharedon and 1 other person like this.
  14. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

...thanks fella’s. I appreciate it. The 855 number worked and apparently the refund was processed. We’ll see.

15. Good deal. - Just curious ... how long did you have to wait on the phone before someone got to you?

16. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

...not that long surprisingly. Maybe 3 min.

DarkSideOfTheMoo likes this.
  17. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Sorry about your issue. I had an issue with my order but they at least responded and told me why.

18. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

I may have repeated my story here more than once, but it never seems to become irrelevant. This was 7 years ago - I hope they have gotten their act together in the meantime, but they lost me permanently as a customer at that time.

Is ImportCds good enough?

19. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

They ship from this address:

ImportCDs.com
    DirectToU, LLC Returns Department
    300 Omicron Ct.
    Shepherdsville, KY 40165
    United States

If you google this address it looks like it's inside an Amazon Fulfillment Center SDF7.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    Futurecity likes this.
  20. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

That's a new one. A mega seller located inside an Amazon facility.

I'm pretty sure they are/were connected to Secondspin.com in the past. They were at the same location.

21. Man, I purchased a LOT of stuff from SecondSpin.com . Hated to see that conduit shut-down. They were a great source of used CDs.

22. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

So did I. But they went down the tubes the last few years after being acquired by these guys. The DirectToU empire.

They were really good to sell to also.

23. bug2362

bug2362 Forum Resident

My only complaint with Import CD’s is that the jewel cases are often cracked
    Particularly with multiple disc orders
    I often take advantage of the multiple disc discounts they have on EBay

24. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

I have ordered from Import CDs for many years with almost no issues. Unfortunately, one of those issues was with the recent Rolling Stones box set of Goat Heads Soup. It was sent in a flimsy box that allowed all the corners to get dinged up. I was able to return it for a refund, but it was annoying to have to do so.

25. Hopping Tiger

Hopping Tiger Forum Resident

I've had enough problems with them that I have moved on and won't use them again. I'm a pretty forgiving guy on this stuff (my wife says to a fault) but I am done with them. Had two orders get lost and an issue with never getting refund on a third for a defective product.

slipkid likes this.