Marianne Faithfull Vinyl Reissues and Releases *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Porkpie, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Great news! Thanks for starting this thread!

Porkpie likes this.
  3. Porkpie

Release date is 3 September 2021, now up for preorder at Amazon for £19, absolute bargain.

EricRiotT likes this.
  4. EricRiotT

EricRiotT Forum Resident

Awesome! Can you share a link? The one posted above still shows as unavailable?

5. Porkpie

It’s not released until 3 September so it won’t be available but you can preorder on that link.

EricRiotT likes this.
  6. EricRiotT

EricRiotT Forum Resident

ohhh I see, I assumed you’d gotten the release date and price from Amazon. Where did you get the release info?

7. Porkpie

I did, it’s all detailed there, on Amazon, if you follow the link. I’m not sure what you’re struggling with :shrug:

8. EricRiotT

EricRiotT Forum Resident

strange, maybe it’s because I’m in America or something, but it hasn’t changed at all from when you first posted it. The release date is still just “2021”, the label is “unassigned”, and there’s no price and you can’t preorder anything.

2734-A5-E0-2-EFD-4-CC3-A60-A-FA0-EC60-F7-CF0
    [​IMG]

Porkpie likes this.
  9. Porkpie

Weird. It’s definitely blocking you based on location. When I click the same link in my original post I see this

[​IMG]

EricRiotT likes this.
  10. EricRiotT

EricRiotT Forum Resident

11. Porkpie

12. Porkpie

Disappointingly neither of these reissues have happened.

Kissin Time’s preorder price has dropped today but the message from Amazon is along the lines of “we’ll email you when we get it” and Vagabond Ways has a release date now of 31 December from an independent retailer.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  13. EricRiotT

EricRiotT Forum Resident

According to Fnac they’re both being released Sept 24th. There’s even a little press release statement:

Originally released in 1999, Vagabond Ways was recorded at Teatro Studios in California and produced by Daniel Lanois and Mark Howard. Vagabond Ways is a collection of original material; including Faithfull's own compositions as well as interpretations of songs written by some of the finest songwriters of her generation such as Elton John and Bernie Taupin, Leonard Cohen and Roger Waters. The vinyl format is issued here for the very first time on heavyweight vinyl. Vagabond Ways is accompanied by the reissue of 2002' Kissin' Time.

So hopefully it’s still happening in a few weeks.

Turbo2k, Porkpie and andycherry like this.
  14. pghmusiclover

Thanks f0r the update information.

EricRiotT likes this.
  15. Porkpie

Thanks for that, my Kissin Time preorder shows the seller as Amazon EU so that makes sense. What’s odd though is how few retailers are listing these and Amazon doesn’t even have VW listed. Looking forward to getting both of these.

EricRiotT likes this.
  16. EricRiotT

EricRiotT Forum Resident

It is odd, but maybe they’re only being released in France, or could it be that they’re fnac exclusives? They did just release the white vinyl of She Walks In Beauty as a fnac exclusive, even if you ordered it from her official store it came from fnac. I’m curious to see if these really turn up at the end of the month. I was also able to find UPCs for them on some other site (KT: 4050538650006, VW: 4050538649994), so that’s promising…

Porkpie likes this.
  17. WHMusical

WHMusical Chameleon Comedian Corinthian & Caricature

My Japanese CD of Vagabond Ways has a most excellent Bonus Track, a cover of Bob Dylan's "Blood In MY Eyes" which is maybe a cover itself...

But either way, it sure would be nice to include it on the vinyl version!

AH well, I can dream...

18. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Pressing plants are backed up for years. Likely not listed because they have not been pressed or are even near to happening for some months.

19. Porkpie

True, but I’m not sure that’s the case here as preorders went live in April and other albums have been pressed since then that weren’t even finished at that time. Hopefully 24 Sept is the new date.

20. pghmusiclover

I wonder if these reissues are still on track to be released tomorrow?

21. Porkpie

Weirdly I just checked my Fnac preorder and the status is “waiting for stock from supplier”, so I’m guessing not, but we’ll see…

EricRiotT and pghmusiclover like this.
  22. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

FNAC usually say if their products are 'FNAC exclusives'. Vagabond Ways is not listed as such and appears to be a standard BMG release. If I recall, the release date in France has already been bumped once; the demand for vinyl pressing in Europe is now clearly far in excess of capacity. FNAC are good for quick delivery but be prepared to pay additional DHL fees on arrival.

Porkpie and pghmusiclover like this.
  23. pghmusiclover

Did you get “The Montreux Years” yet? It’s still in my wishlist at the moment!

Porkpie likes this.
  24. Porkpie

I’ve listened online and I liked it but I saw a negative review of the vinyl mix on Discogs so waiting for a few more reports.

25. EricRiotT

EricRiotT Forum Resident