Recent YouTube distractions...?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dillydipper, Apr 4, 2020.

1. I watch airplane landings / takeoffs .... particularly 747's. The old Kai Tak airport landings were nuts; aim at the checkerboard on the hill then turn hard right, line up and try to land it & stop before before going into the bay.

... and Rory Gallagher live videos.

2. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Metalhead Teens In A Record Store (1989)
    - Larry & Darrell

:edthumbs::D:laugh:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    poe_man and Mechanical Man like this.
  3. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

I'm hooked on several overlanding/off road travel channels. Both domestic US travel and International travel to Central and South America.

4. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Bad drivers (vehicular) in Russia. Car crashes and the like. In fact, bad drivers everywhere, filmed through dashcams. Watching cars depreciate in an instant. Watching the crazy things people do behind a wheel. The Russians seem to be the worst, but the Chinese are giving them a run for their money.

unclefred and Jeff Kent like this.
  5. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

I have a fascination with baboons and have been watching many videos about them lately. Oddly, I honestly loathe baboons, but I am still extremely interested in them.
    I feel the same way about chimpanzees, and have been watching stuff about them as well. I find the Jane Goodall documentaries, especially interesting.
    Again, I am fascinated with chimps, but I really do not like them. I have never cared for primates in general for some reason.

6. Scooterpiety

I have an interest in bad driving and road rage videos as well, but I prefer watching American drivers. How many of these people managed to get a drivers license I will never figure out.

Vaughan likes this.
  7. Scooterpiety

Also:
    Old television commercials.
    Numbers stations.

8. gonz

gonz Forum Resident

I was introduced to adamthewoo, and TheDailyWoo, through this forum. love it!

9. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Overly Sarcastic Productions: They cover various myths and stories in a very funny manner. The one that brought them to my attention is the story of Eros and Psyche. I knew the story, but this was a very entertaining take on it.

They've covered Shakespeare, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, and Journey To The West (the story which inspired the Dragonball Saga) and many other topics. They also cover tropes like robots and time travel.

10. Thermionic Dude

Thermionic Dude Forum Resident

21st Century Schizoid Man, indeed! Nothing quite like the experience of seeing Fripp in tights and a tutu!

However, Fripp was apparently "f***ing furious" after the first video was posted online; fortunately his wife was the voice of reason and was able to get him to remove the stick from his backside and embrace the ridiculousness of it all. Funny how Fripp moves around more in these minutes-long videos than he ever did during a 2+ hour Crimson gig!

The offending video (one of my favorites of the series):

longdist01 and DPM like this.
  11. geetar_await

geetar_await I heart Linux.

unboxing of album & cd purchases videos fascinates me. Another favorite are Jerky Boys videos.

12. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

This is a couple who quit their jobs, sold their house and took their Land Cruiser from Arizona to South America and back over 2 years.

13. LilacTeardrop

Kevin James as The Sound Guy
    (There's a series of 'em!)
    :laugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh:

longdist01 likes this.
  14. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

15. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

I remember the plane making a sharp turn to land and in the right seat you can look inside people’s apartments.

MarkO likes this.
  16. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Reviews of my recently purchased digital audio player, a Sony Walkman NW-A55.

17. LilacTeardrop

SaveAFox Rescue

Today: Foxes On A Trampoline

polchik likes this.
  18. Ilusndweller

Ilusndweller S.H.M.F.=>Reely kewl.

19. Ilusndweller

Ilusndweller S.H.M.F.=>Reely kewl.

20. JediJones

JediJones Forum Resident

I never really watched reaction videos but I started watching the reactions to '80s movies on this recent channel set up by two college-ageish women:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgDxwLbn3zZs96JRC417O-A/videos

I've been curious how younger people react to some of these classic movies. Here they found a girl who has apparently never seen films like Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Superman, Clue and Die Hard. These are not great videos technically but they're also only about 15 minutes, so good for a short break. She gives a little prediction on what she thinks the movie will be like, you see some reactions during it and then the overall review at the end.

There is also a lot of discussion in the comments on these relative to how low the views are. It seems like people are hungry for movie discussion on the internet these days (probably partly a result of the pandemic). The disastrous shutdown of the IMDB boards has meant YouTube comments are picking up a lot the growth in discussion.

21. Hanglow

Hanglow Forum Resident

If anyone has some spare time....check out the latest "Sitting and Smiling"....#5.....I could only take about 3 hours.:help:

........this mother f'er gets 6 million hits, of him just sitting with a dumb grin on his face for 4 hours ....
    Trying to rationalize the point of it:shrug:

22. PapaMuerte

PapaMuerte Zappatista

BazBattles
    HistoryMarche
    Kings & Generals
    Epic History
    ...besides guitar channels and music documentaries, I mostly watch those four

23. LilacTeardrop

Nandi on drums, guitar & vocals, covering Muse's Plug-In Baby!! Just, Wow!!! :thumbsup::winkgrin:

24. LilacTeardrop

And, there's more (here's someone who's building their future during lockdown!)
    Nandi covering Red Hot Chili Peppers Under The Bridge

polchik likes this.
  25. LilacTeardrop

Shanghai, China Aquarium