Amazon - Vinyl Shipping Issues

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by imthetxman, Jul 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imthetxman

imthetxman HardMediaMan Thread Starter

Just received the wrong record for the second time. I ordered "Blood On The Tracks" by Bob Dylan and the first time I got something called "Spider-Verse" my daughter knew what that was but I had no clue. Today instead of the Dylan album I got Dolly Parton's "Jolene." This is the 3rd issue I've had in the past 2 months. They also sent me an album that was so badly warped it was almost unplayable. I understand that might not be on them. Anyway, just wondering... Anyone else having issues with Amazon and vinyl? Am I stupid for ordering from them in the first place?

2. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Yup. I ordered Thomas Dutronc “Frenchy” and instead received Trixie Mattel “Barbara”. I did a return and received the same exact thing!

I gave up and ordered the album I wanted from Acoustic Sounds!

WithinYourReach likes this.
  3. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

No problems here. Knock wood - but I always get what I am supposed to get and 99% it is in great shape - so no return necessary. It might have something to do with the different fulfillment centers are used to ship product to New Jersey vs. Texas. Although, I am surprised that sometimes product is shipped from all over the US to me and gets to me either the next day or 2 days (Prime member).

4. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

I've had fairly good luck with them. On the occasion that I received a defective record I was able to request a replacement without any hassle. I try to give the local guys a chance, but the one problem that I had, a record with non-fill, they did not want to exchange it. Said I was being too picky. With that attitude, I'll go with Amazon any day of the week.

Alan2 and polchik like this.
  5. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

I ordered the Rush album Fly By Night and got instead some album for some country guy named Chris Stapleton i think was his name....

Rush.....Chris Stapleton.......not even close!

6. Stencil

Stencil Forum Resident

noooooo. Just ordered two Japan Albums (45 rpm) then saw this thread. Hope I don't get two Mark Almond records.

GentleSenator likes this.
  7. Houseplants

Houseplants Forum Resident

how about the packaging with acoustic sounds?

8. imthetxman

Lol... hope not! Amazon customer service has me on hold. I don’t think they have any more stock on the item I originally ordered. How’s that for frustrating!!

9. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

I've ordered from Acoustic Sounds. Great packaging and superb customer service.

Myke and imthetxman like this.
  10. imthetxman

Yep... wish I had. Ordering through Amazon was not worth the couple bucks I saved

11. Stencil

Stencil Forum Resident

Acoustic Sounds has the best packaging. Its archival quality as far as I am concerned.

Myke likes this.
  12. Houseplants

Do you pay more for the packaging though?

13. imthetxman

I've only bought a couple of vinyl records from them so far and what I bought was priced pretty close to the rest of the market. Their vinyl packaging is really just a cleverly designed cardboard box that protects the record from damage during shipping so I doubt they add much to the customer cost because of that.

14. imthetxman

Just wanted to post the latest on this. Amazon customer service seemed to pushing me really hard to simply take a refund rather than a replacement. I wanted a replacement since I felt $18 for Bob Dylan "Blood On The Tracks" vinyl was a reasonable price. Their pushing me to take the refund led me to suspect they may be out of stock. Not the case... they finally agreed to send a replacement after I escalated to a "Lead Authorization Agent" (never heard of them before). I did notice that the same item is now listed to $35. Hmmm

15. Joe Lopez

Joe Lopez Forum Resident

Whenever I’ve ordered from Acoustic Sounds, shipping has been free (media mail) on orders over $49. It pays, if possible, to consolidate purchases.

16. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

I stopped buying vinyl records from Amazon long ago. Just to many issues..

imthetxman and Myke like this.
  17. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I gave up on Amazon selling me vinyl a very long time ago.

Acoustic Sounds
    Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs
    Music Direct
    Amoeba
    Bull Moose
    Barnes & Noble

imthetxman likes this.
  18. imthetxman

I'm giving them one more chance.... :) What's the definition of insanity?? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

krisjay likes this.
  19. imthetxman

Bull Moose and Amoeba are new to me... will check them out. Thanks!!

20. Myke

Amoeba is offline for improvements.
    Bull Moose has never let me down in 13 years !!!

You're welcome, best of luck.

21. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Warped record probably not their fault but the wrong record is on them. Wouldn't be surprised if it's down to new temp staff hired to deal with the uptick in orders. Not trained properly, not experienced...

22. Alan2

Alan2 Forum Resident

I don't have any problems now as they are packing LPs much better than they used to , and they seem to have stopped using Royal Mail for records. Their returns procedure is fuss free, too, a big plus.
    This is in the UK.

imthetxman likes this.
  23. imthetxman

One of the main reasons I continue to order from them. If something shows up wrong, all I need to do is drop it off at our local Kohl's store. Not sure if they have those over in the UK but my wife shops there all the time and Amazon has a return kiosk in many of their stores so it is really easy. But receiving the wrong item is frustrating.

Alan2 likes this.
  24. Houseplants

I've never personally had trouble with Amazon. I always feel bad going there instead of the artist but when you buy as many records as I do the savings add up.

25. Myke

A certain percentage of returns gets you banned from Amazon also, another reason it's not worth it to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.