Cowon plenue album art didn’t load

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by DLC335, Dec 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLC335

DLC335 New Member Thread Starter

I just purchased a Cowon Plenue J and could not get the album art to download onto the player. Does anyone have a resolution to this problem?

2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

First, always ensure the player has its latest firmware as it will solve a lot of problems and bugs which might have already been fixed by the manufacturer. Go to their website and navigate to the Support section.

Once that's done you'd need to provide more information. Cowon players appear as regular hard drives in Windows. It's a simple drag & drop affair within Windows/File Explorer to transfer any file, including art. Your post suggests you couldn't transfer the actual art files.

If you're referring to them not showing up when playing songs, that's another matter altogether. There are a lot of parameters you need to adhere to, such as the right file type (likely JPG), resolution, etc.

Did you check the manual? Did you contact Cowon?

3. George Cooke

George Cooke Well unknown member

I do not have the J, but I've had a Plenue D and now the D2. I too found album cover art would not appear on the player screen, even thoough it did on a computer.

My solution - and it was not documented anywhere, was to ensure cover art was all JPG format (png didn't work) and exactly square e.g. 500x500px in dimensions.

I did not find the Cowon responded to simply having cover art in the same folder as an album, so I had to embed each track with the right artwork using a tag editor. I found much of the artwork on amazon but often had to resize and adjust it slightly to make it right.

Hope this might help you. Just sharing because it worked for me on a player by the same manufacturer. I suspect the D and J have some things in common.

Good luck.

4. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

I always tagged the album art to each song to avoid this problem. If you are using the method of using the detached image as a cover.jpg or folder.jpg make sure the the image file is being transferred to the Cowon. As this is a generic, the Cowon should see it and link the image to the correct file(s) as long as the you have a separate folder for each album. If you are moving entire albums it's best to just copy over the entire folder. This can be done with a drag and drop. Other methods like export functions using a media player will work as long as your settings are correct. This often entails going into the Preferences or Settings tab and turning on functions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.