Music Direct poor packaging

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Nephrodoc, Dec 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have had two packages from them in the last few months that were poorly boxed. That are not double boxed like they used to be. Latest package looks like it was a little damages, and the LP’s had had some corner dings. Anyone else having similar issues?

2. MARTHY

MARTHY Forum Resident

Sorry to hear your shipments didn't work out. Fortunately, I've had a positive experience with Music Direct in the past few months, which is great considering the purchases were pricey box sets. Very well packaged, and the most recent shipment had each box set within an individual box, both inside a larger box. Couldn't be happier with them. They shipped very next day in both instances, too.

3. Mr Bass

Mr Bass Chevelle Ma Belle

Yes Music Direct is quite variable in their packaging. I stopped buying records from them several years go but even their Accessories were variably packed - sometimes in envelopes some in boxes. I was amazed bottles weren't broken in one case.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

If my James Gang Rides Again replacement ever gets here (today it made it to town, but then for some reason, ended up in the next town ), I'll tell y'all how it was packaged.
    The first attempt had the USPS literally losing the album somewhere around Pittsburgh.

5. Mr Bass

Mr Bass Chevelle Ma Belle

Be aware that Music Direct has a cute habit of marking a product as shipped but the Chicago Post Office doesn't seem to have it until 4 or 5 days later. Chicago is where Music Direct is located.

6. Myke

Yes, I know, thanks. Unfortunately, that has no bearing on this experience.

7. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Music Direct are always my absolute last resort when it comes to buying things from the big 3 audiophile retailers. From poor packaging to very rude customer service (Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc were always exceptional) and then my experience where they lied to me for months on end about a cartridge shipping I just do not want to use them.

ArpMoog and Myke like this.
  8. Nephrodoc

I also try to get enough items in my cart so they bump me up to free FedEx ground

Myke likes this.
  9. Nephrodoc

Latest package to arrive today via FedEx was busted open. Three albums were just packed in one of their fold over mailers, no double boxing. The albums were free to just slide out. I’m going to call them on this one. I’ll be ordering from Acoustic Sounds in the future

10. Myke

Packaged just fine, the usual fold-over mailer protected my James Gang Rides Again, as it toured the great state of Tennessee. The only visible damage is a violent seam split to the cardboard MFSL inner (who cares ?).

Now, just need my Crossroads Guitar Festival to show up (lost in Iowa ?).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.