What's up with the website Record Shows Of America?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Mr. LP Collector, Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. LP Collector

Mr. LP Collector Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm hoping that I'm not creating a duplicate thread regarding this subject. Mods: if there is another thread on this topic please merge this or delete the thread.

I probably should have started this thread around the middle of March, because it's been that long since the site "Record Shows Of America" has been active. I was in Omaha a couple weeks ago attending the record show there and RSA was one of the topics of conversation amongst the dealers. For a long long time I always looked at RSA as the best site going regarding where the shows were going to be, what date, table info, etc., etc. The last posting regarding a show update was Feb. 17th.

NOW! I AM aware of the other show info sites such as Vinyl Times, Vinyl Record Shows, Record Shows.net, etc., but am kind of wondering if the individual behind RSA has passed, or if there is a health issue where he has stopped working, or if the site has assumed a new name.

Would anybody out there have any info regarding this? Appreciate what responses comes out here.

2. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

It's working for me. Are you clicking on the USA map then clicking on your state?

Shows about 10 shows coming up in my state from now til December.

Nebraska shows one in Omaha in October.

3. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

It's always worked when I looked at it including just now.

4. Carl Chauvin

Carl Chauvin Active Member

Mr. LP Collector, I believe you are correct there is an issue with the website. There have been no updates since February 20, 2018. I emailed the contact address inquiring about the site's status a few weeks back and have yet to receive a response. It is indeed sad if that services goes away.

Mr. LP Collector likes this.
  5. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Looks like it's down again.

Darryl

6. Mr. LP Collector

I think they're done. Several days ago I clicked on the top page, FAQ's, Latest Show Updates, and the other links--am getting nothing at all. It's sad because it was SUCH a good source regarding record shows and promoter contacts all across the States.

7. CheerUpCharlie

CheerUpCharlie Member

Not sure what's happening here. The email returns all messages. I also tried mailing them because the site is apparently based nearby (had no idea) to see if there was a way I could help run the site, and the letter was returned by the USPS saying the PO Box was no longer theirs. Site must be dead.

8. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

9. CheerUpCharlie

CheerUpCharlie Member

Cool, thanks greelywinger! this is pretty good, i'll keep tabs on it

10. stonycreek

stonycreek New Member

John was hit with a sudden illness about 1 year ago. He went from a self proclaimed A type personality to barely having any energy. He told me his site was written in an outdated format that would require him teaching someone how to program and update it. He did not have the energy to teach anyone. He did not reply to my last e mail a couple months ago. Other people have failed to reach him so we are assuming he has passed on or is too ill to reply. He never replied to several people who offered to take over the site

Mr. LP Collector likes this.
  11. Rod Branham

Rod Branham Member

I now own the domain. We have rebuilt the site so please ALL PROMOTERS be sure to visit www.recordshowsofamerica.com and add your shows!

wynnwikman and Mr. LP Collector like this.
  12. Mr. LP Collector

Great news! I don't promote, but love to travel and buy tunes! Will be checking out the site from time to time!:righton:

13. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Put in the Albuquerque Show. It is not listed on any site anywhere. Come on promoters, wake up.

14. Christian Hill

Christian Hill It's all in the mind

15. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.