AT-VM95ML Skipping / Possible Anti-Skate Issue

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by WithinYourReach, Mar 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Increase the anti-skate force by .25 increments until it stops skipping. Also try a slightly higher weight, maybe 2.5g.

2. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic

Then yeah its just too weak. If you are able to tighten the spring a little your problem will be solved.
    Its not too strange the 95ML requires more Anti Skate since its a much finer shape and tracks a little heavier.

WithinYourReach likes this.
  3. Boltman92124

Boltman92124 Go Padres!!

But did you remove the stylus and reseat it with a click?

struttincool likes this.
  4. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial Thread Starter

Good news! I got the cartridge to work. No more skipping problems while playing records. I opened up the turntable to check the anti-skate mechanism is working as it should and put it back together. Setup everything as before, but I just kept having to tweak the anti-skate until I found the sweet spot. Exactly 2.6 to a VTF of 2g. It doesn't like records with a bit of a ridge at the lead-in when cued automatically as @Boltman92124 and @33na3rd mentioned before. I'll just have to manually cue the tonearm so the stylus will land in the lead-in without any issues. Now I just need to put some hours on it to break it in. Thank you all for your help!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  5. Ramon Perez

Ramon Perez New Member

Another way.

A new way of adjusting anti skate! | Audiogon Discussion Forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.