Come into my little treasure of needles and things and help me ID

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Ghostworld, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member Thread Starter

So as the app and audio thrift shop for my waking dream has always been to stumble into a little box filled with another vinyl lovers collection of needles in cartridges and things and today after looking for about 1 million years it finally happened. They’re not quite my cup of tea I would’ve preferred play back needles but I’m sure putting needles are of value to someone. And the cartridges are certainly very interesting. Any thoughts or ideas in hiding them would be great. But I can certainly identify those to NOS so as the app and audio thrift shop for my waking dream has always been to stumble into a little box filled with another vinyl lovers collection of needles and cartridges and things and today after looking for about 1 million years it finally happened. They’re not quite my cup of tea I would’ve preferred play bag needles but I’m sure cutting needles are of value to someone. And the cartridges are certainly very interesting. Any thoughts or ideas in hiding them would be great. But I can certainly identify those two NOS Audio Technica AT14as! Feast your eyes on one man’s dream come true. Oh and there’s something in there for speaker lovers too.

How did I find this? Well, truly one mans trash is another’s treasure. Thank god no hipsters in sight! Lol!

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  2. Ghostworld

3. Ghostworld

4. Ghostworld

5. Ghostworld

Bonus pint for the bulb. Lots of those. Audio related?

G[​IMG]

6. Subagent

Subagent down the rabbit hole, they argue over esoterica

Nothing beats the thrill of a good flea market/garage sale/craigslist/bankruptcy court/storage locker auction find. Word the wise: don't buy anything that involves taking away 78s unless you really know what you're doing. Those damned things are heavy. Maybe if you have teenage children, it would be OK to take them as part of an auction lot. ;)

Anyhow, congrats on the acquisition! It really is a rush to score a little haul.:pineapple:

7. Ghostworld

I am proud to say I sat down with about 20 folders of 78 s for an hour and took 30 home. Among them was this. Which I sold to a very fine gentleman. Harry Dial and his Bluescians on Vocalion 1930. “When my baby shakes that thing “ And “Poison.” A fascinating hour well spent.

Not my action. Mine went about twice that.

Gripsweat - c 78 RPM Harry Dial Vocalion 1594 in V+/VV+ Rare, only 2nd time on eBay

8. Ghostworld

It looks. To me like these cutting needles are all new. The sapphire s all gleam like diamonds.

McLover likes this.
  9. Subagent

Subagent down the rabbit hole, they argue over esoterica

Very cool. I have never had luck with 78s as far as finding gems such as that. Good eye!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.