Garbage New Album "No Gods No Masters" June 11, 2021*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LilacTeardrop, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

26 years isn't that long in the music biz these days.

Plenty of bands that've been together 40 or 50 years still work.

And tons of 90s bands still work.

26 years is less than half the career of the Stones or McCartney or the Who, etc.!

Neonbeam and M2225 like this.
  2. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

diggin' the "No Gods No Masters" song way more than that other one they put out a few weeks ago.
    Still neither sound as anything to get too excited over. I still have my nice set pre ordered and am excited to get it,
    but i have a feeling this new album might be tied with "Not Your Kind of People" for last place....guess time will tell.

3. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

It’s seems “put on” in a deliberate attempt to be current and controversial to me…. Makes me cringe!
    I wish they would leave a few more dynamics in these records as I find that, as much as I enjoy the music, the mastering is so bad they are almost unlistenable. What was strange little birds, something like dr4? It’s unreasonable and unacceptable!

4. MechanicalAnimal6

i've been there with the band from the beginning too....that has nothing at all to do with how anyone would like or not like a new song from them...
    and it doesn't sound like or remind me of the debut album at all, but if you think it does, then you do you :righton:

scobb likes this.
  5. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here" Thread Starter

No Gods No Masters music video premiered about an hour & 1/2 ago:
    To me, it's sounding more synth-y - in vein of what Smashing Pumpkins just did November 27, 2020 w/Cyr.
    I like the sound, but to me, that's best left to New Order or Depeche Mode. Plus, I get bored when something's just done & done again; rinse & repeat.
    Uh oh:oops:... I've got to ask Gorts to amend thread title (though I like my mistake better!) :winkgrin:
    @Ken_McAlinden, @Gary - would you please be so kind?:tiphat:

AndrewK and Dave 81828384 like this.
  6. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Unremarkable Member

:laugh: Didn't even notice.

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  7. BruceWayne

BruceWayne Forum Resident

Didn't intend my comment to be interpreted as snarky or putting down your opinion. Sorry if you took it that way. And it's entirely possible you didn't mean that in your reply either and I'm just picking up on snakiness that isn't there ;)

Anyway, I'm loving the new song too though I don't find it as exciting or hard hitting as The Men Who Rule the World.

8. MechanicalAnimal6

no biggie, i sense a little bit of sarcastic-ness, so i intended to just do a little back, haha.
    it's all good though !

9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Starting to look like the Alanis/Garbage/Liz tour may really happen this summer! :eek:

The local shed where they're set to play in August sent out an email today that all systems are go for their summer schedule.

We'll see!

JeffMo likes this.
  10. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I think band are rockin it, vocals are good; but some of the lyrics are a bit cringey.

Maddy5 likes this.
  11. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident

good song, nice mix of electronica and rock

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  12. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Unremarkable Member

13. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here" Thread Starter

&/or @Joel Cairo - I think you're both on here right now. Trying to be pre-emptive once I'd noticed the error, so that multiple threads aren't generated. It won't come up in search engine w/the incorrect title, as is. ~ Thanks! - Just in case, @stereoptic, @Peter_R
    Correct is: No Gods No Masters (not Monsters)

14. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Anyone get the $0 digital download email? How are we supposed to download? I hit the email link and entered my email to get to the order details page, and the “Available” appears to be a link, but it does nothing for me as far as initiating an actual download.

15. BradB

BradB Birth.Music.Death?

Same here, probably missed a step in their upload link but I'm no expert. I doublechecked my bank and wasn't charged anything more from the band so I'm not overly concerned, as long as I get my CD set in June. This new title song sounds pretty good, I've always loved the band but their lyrics are a bit hit-or-miss so par for the course on this one. This will probably sound great live!

16. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

Got it... carry on!

- Kevin

Dave 81828384 and LilacTeardrop like this.
  17. BruceWayne

BruceWayne Forum Resident

Keep trying it. Mine didn't work yesterday but this morning it worked fine.

captouch likes this.
  18. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

Really enjoying this track. It sounds like Missing Persons.

19. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

I like this track as well. I assume it is on the album as well. Sounds like Prince and Depeche Mode. I like this new retro direction. Really love this band.

20. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

Stoked. Can't wait for the whole album!

GoodKitty and No Bull like this.
  21. Maddy5

Maddy5 Forum Resident

I like No Gods No Masters better than the first single. Nice to see the return of synths and electronica to their music.

Matt Bowers, No Bull and Billy_Sunday like this.
  22. JohnJ

JohnJ Forum Resident

Anyone listening/ listened to the ‘Listening party’?

have tuned in for the past 20 mins. On first listen... it’s ok. Nothing particularly has stood out. It usually takes a few listens for me to get into albums, and I’ll be giving it a few spins, as I'm a big fan of the band. But so far...

Feedback from others who have tuned in is excellent - but you would expect that from hard core fans.

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  23. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

Did not listen tonight but I really like the 1st two tracks I heard and my wife ordered the cd for me tonight.

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  24. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

Billy_Sunday, Dave Decadent and JohnJ like this.
  25. JohnJ

JohnJ Forum Resident

No Bull likes this.