Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar Thread Starter

Just realised Flaming Pie is 20 this year. And that's as recent as this collection needs to go...for now.

2. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Flaming Pie is the reissue I'm least interested in; though I'd still buy it.

3. wiseblood

wiseblood Forum Resident

At this point if they are going to continue the personal highlights according to McCartney, I hope they roll with Flaming Pie next. After that how about a Chaos and Memory two-banger?

4. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

I'm not sure. Run Devil Run is 18 years old; Driving Rain is 16 years old. Time for Archive editions, and I'll gladly take them.

supermd and Paul H like this.
  5. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

I don't want Chaos and Memory reissued before the remaining Wings albums (and, for that matter, Broadstreet and Press to Play).

6. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

How about a Driving Chaos Memory triple threat?! :D

No, but I'm really excited for a Flaming archive, if that happens to be next(so I can buy the vinyl), but I'll be happy with whatever comes( I would prefer to get the 70s finished though, tbh)

7. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

I will be doing the same when I get my set in the mail!!

maccawings likes this.
  8. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

He went BIG box with Flowers -- though I wish he'd have done as you suggested.

I'd like to see London Town/Back to the Egg next, but I'll take whatever.

Mr. Explorer and AKA like this.
  9. wiseblood

wiseblood Forum Resident

Oddly enough, I REALLY want Broadstreet. Probably just because I'm one of about 7 that like the movie (guilty pleasure movie from my childhood) and I absolutely LOVE the new tracks he brought to this project - No More Lonely Nights, Not Such A Bad Boy, and No Values (is that it?). I wish he saved those for FITD, at least the rockers.

10. JLPMacca

JLPMacca Forum Resident

The fact that so many songs from Flaming Pie was on the Pure McCartney set, led me to believe that it was not planned for the archive collection in the near future, but obviously I don't know.

11. Eobard Thawne

Eobard Thawne Forum Resident

Me 2!

Colinjpush likes this.
  12. Eobard Thawne

Eobard Thawne Forum Resident

How about a cold cuts box instead??!?

supermd and Colinjpush like this.
  13. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

May also mean that since they were remastering so many of it's songs that they did the whole thing while doing so. Who knows?

andrewskyDE and Colinjpush like this.
  14. JLPMacca

JLPMacca Forum Resident

Yes you're right. Could be that too :)

15. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Let's face it, could be anything. I'd pretty much be happy with whatever they put out. I just want at least two sets this time!!

16. Colinjpush

Colinjpush Master of Rhythm and Pacing

I'm with many here in wanting a Red Rose Speedway and maybe London Town, but of course i'll buy whatever comes out of the Archive Collection. I have a 2 disc bootleg of Red Rose Speedway outtakes and that could easily be made into an Archive release, plus live stuff from 1972 too. It would be cool once he gets all the rest of the '70s ones out to see a Cold Cuts release for Record Store Day or something, since I'm assuming he'll include all the tracks from that on forthcoming bonus discs, but that's just me. I'm more pumped for a Red Rose Speedway than anything else because I know there's a lot to put on a bonus disc, but I'm not sure about London Town or Wild Life, but who knows. Back To The Egg I know he can use the TV special and possibly the 1979 live concert, but I don't know

Lewisboogie likes this.
  17. Well he's older and its thinner and more fragile now. It wouldn't look like All The Best anyway (and it wasn't completely gray there anyway).

I don't think he's like Nick Lowe who isn't that concerned with vanity or Emmylou Harris--her hair was so long it wasn't practical to dye anyway--I think it looks OK myself much as Ringo's does.

There's some popular artists that just won't do it.

Shak Cohen and Mr. Explorer like this.
  18. Sean

Sean Senior Member

London Town/Back to the Egg, please & thank you.

Mr. Explorer, Lewisboogie and g.z. like this.
  19. Cream Pie
    Pie in the face
    Butter Pie.

20. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

Agreed. Finish off the 70s (Wild Life, Red Rose Speedway, London Town, Back To The Egg) and 80s (Broad Street, Press To Play [skip Choba for now]), then move forward chronologically (Off The Ground, Flaming Pie, Run Devil Run [and Choba], etc.)

21. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Don't forget London Town & Back To The Egg. :)

Fred68 likes this.
  22. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb Résident du forum

:pineapple: As long as there IS another one, I'll be happy whatever it is.

23. Syl76

Syl76 Forum Resident

For sure !

24. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

At some point I would love to get a 'Driving Rain' reissue, just so that we hopefully get the unreleased songs from those sessions, especially those praised by Abe and Rusty.

25. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb Résident du forum

What are your thoughts on the album proper?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.